1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Community thoughts on current knight combat?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheDirtySwine, Jan 2, 2015.

1. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I've played KAG like a mofo this holidays and now I have some concerns about pure knight combat. I still feel it's really much better since build 1215 (the gravity-changes build) however.

The jab is good and that Circle of Power was a good idea. In 1v1, and with small lag, it's useful and a real possibility against a slash spammer. I think perhaps some cooldowns, or time-penalty could be tweaked:

Jab spam is too fast, and it makes hard to recognize the animation loop in relation with the hit, plus sometimes the animations of the opponent aren't showed 100%. I remember @zerd and I talking about this, and I suggested to limit jab spam to rows of 2or3 jabs, then a small cooldown. Perhaps this would make jabspamming a bit less of a brainless tactic.

Double slash + jab is too fast: when you are shielding, the first slash stuns you, the second slash hits and stuns you, and then the enemy can get 1 more heart of damage with a jab. Imo that extra heart of damage does not feel so fair for the defender.

Stuns: somehow there's a lot of things that stun you. I'm only against collisions between moving characters provoking stuns for knights. People jupming on each other, climbing and touching you slightly stun you. This is maybe something more subjective, i don't know...

I've also heard ingame lately people asking for the arrow-slash feature to come back, like now it would be more suitable.

SirDangalang and TheDirtySwine like this.
  2. "combat"

I think, OP, you are overrecting to something that for last 3 years has basically boiled down to holding down LMB and waiting for someone to walk towards you.

What is even more surprising (or not, idk anymore) is how you receive it as a bad change that sometimes the above strategy doesn't work.

3. wilpin7

wilpin7 Lewd~ Donator
    1. KAG Competitive League

Wrong! The correct strategy is to walk towards the opponent while holding down LMB and waiting for them to be in range. Because everyone knows running towards an enemy gives your slash a few pixels of additional range which equals to more chances of stunning/hitting the opponent first and therefor having guaranteed victory over him.

Get ur fakts str8 m8.
    P.S: I do realize your post was a joke and was quite possibly not to be taken seriously.

4. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I always appreciate the serious responses everyone! I've tried to up my game the last couple of days and I do think Geti is right about not letting it get too far. I think a balance like 8x mentioned would be fair enough. I think my main concern now is that people with lag tend to jab farther than those who don't, and that is something that cannot be nerfed. I think kag is becoming more balanced each update! I am glad I'be stayed with this game for so long

5. wilpin7

wilpin7 Lewd~ Donator

Love the way Geti's post magically disappeared, also, someone appreciates serious responses?
    M8 nightz r 2 stronk they need 3 gut nerfed n gut gud, I hop al nightz die and becum archz becuz archz mstr r8ce ftw!

Traduction : Sir, I do believe that the knight class is slightly too powerful for my liking, I would greatly enjoy them being nerfed so that they could potentially learn how to play with more "skills" and less mindless hacking away. Archers are the most powerful class. In all seriousness though I'm glad this thread exists, someone should make a thread about archer combat so I could hate on it. But currently knight on knight combat is mostly determined through skills and that's how it should be, as with archer on archer combat (which I love)

Also, I do realize that I already said something in this thread, mostly posted this for someone to make an archer thread, or else I'll make it, and you don't want me to make a thread, it hurts your eyes.

6. Ricket

Ricket Shipwright Staff Alumni
    1. Ethereal Legion- ETHER

Genuine question that I don't feel deserves its own post, yet pertains to knight combat: Is a slash released with greater velocity/power/knockback/speed when it is released just as it is fully charged? Because I see a lot of guys whose slashes seem to have ridiculous reach and knockback- Cheesemeister, Gurin, Aegis, Solaris, etc.
    I'm hoping this isn't simply abuse of that weird thing where facing backwards before slashing speeds it up.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  7. wilpin7

wilpin7 Lewd~ Donator

Well, from my experiences the knockback of a slash mostly depends on your position relatively to the other knight/builder you are slashing, it might have something to do with the facing backwards thing, but I am not quite sure, I mostly see the same knockback when I hit someone, not like I know anything though.

Also, everyone knows those knights are hax0rz.

8. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Slashes do more damage when you have greater momentum. That's why good players always find a height advantage because the momentum advantage and right timing can kill multiple knights with a stomp and few slashes

9. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Make the penalty for jabbing a shield a longer stun. Currently it's not even long enough to counter jab and the guy can go right back to jab spamming after the stun, canceling any counter slash and ultimately defeating the other guy if he had less health at the beginning.
    Failing a jab should open you to a worse attack, and be at least long enough for a counter slash.

10. wilpin7

wilpin7 Lewd~ Donator

Yes, anti-jab spam in any way shape or form is always good. Maybe make it so that you get a 5 minutes stun for using 10 jabs in a row under 15 seconds. That would be pretty sweet but it wouldn't ever happen, since you'd randomly get a huge freeze while messing around, derp.

Slash spamming ftw.

11. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

I think jabbing can be good in a way to knight combat. Jabs have there purpose and add a little spice to the gameplay, but like any other move it can be so abused that it is hated by many people. I really hate hearing "Wow you fucking jab spammer" after I jab someone only once when A: they have one heart left or B: they are completely vulnerable to a jab, and we all know that slashes take longer than jabs, so if you are gonna slash someone they have time to actually move away. Jabs are way underrated, I'm not saying that it can't get annoying when people abuse it, but still, jabs are important to the gameplay, I'm sure any other good knight has realized this by now.

SirDangalang likes this.
  12. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Circle of power is fun to abuse. Every few kills, I'll just decide to jab spam and they won't know what's coming.

startselect3 likes this.