1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Confidence

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Raneman, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Acavado

Acavado KAG Guard Tester

I noticed that the better I play, the more defensive and shield reliant enemies become. They see you from many tiles away and slowly shield slide towards you like they expect you to start shooting missiles at them from fifteen tiles away. They have the impression that they need to stop taking damage, and they only way they know how to do this is to shield. I remember when playing knight 1vs1 that the easiest knights to take out where those who overused their shields. They were sitting ducks waiting to be stun-locked, stood on and jabbed. You can only shield up or to the side, but not diagonally, and as any bit of lag covers the enemy's movements this way or that, you will be hit. In those games, with little exception, I never shielded because moving or jabbing did it better.​
    Anyway, since knight combat is all about landing a hit when the enemy is unprotected, like when they are charging a slash, ending a slash, or jabbing; using these moment's to defend yourself is also ignoring the majority of your offensive opportunities. So playing "confidently", and aggressively, is the way to go as a knight.​

2. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Why slash when you can bash!?

Foxodi and Noburu like this.
  3. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I agree smashing someone's ass from above feels so right.

One likes this.
  4. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

I have been beginning to think this lately too, many people don't know how to bash so it's a great advantage to have. Stun anybody while protecting your body + free jab = Hax.

One likes this.
  5. nerdpride

nerdpride Shopkeep Stealer

That explains a lot of deaths I've had to jabbing actually, I expected the shield to work there.

Shield bashing is fun, especially if you have some nasty traps laid about, but I don't like when enemies go flying for half a screen and land among their allies.

6. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

Yeah my confidence as a knight is rather low... unless i got backup... I too feel that knight combat needs tuning... :/

Archer on the other hand! Im like goddamn Simo Häyhä at times, if he used a bow that is... :D

7. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Everyone's confidence as a knight would go up if knight combat were less derpy and more predictable. Still too much of jab jab jab slash fucker takes no damage still.

Foxodi likes this.
  8. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

Close ranged classes work that way. You're supposed to be able to get into peoples' faces without having to worry about dying because there's a high chance that you're going to die anyway.

Noburu likes this.
  9. Mellian-Quar-Xililix

Mellian-Quar-Xililix Haxor

Bashing is very useful against multiple enemies. Bash one or two of them and then kill the last one remaining.

10. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

Well, that depends; I personally bash&slash because that's more efficient.

Contrary likes this.
  11. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

This is pretty much how I feel, ever since build 228 I've pretty much switched over to archer as it isn't as broken as knight is.

12. Parity

Parity Shipwright

Knights never expect an archer to stand and fight if there are no trees around and they never expect an archer to jump over them and shoot them in their backs, quite satisfying.