1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Congrats to KAG for getting on Steam!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vanguarde, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

We have functionality like this:
    Code:
    bool onServerProcessChat( CRules@ this, const string& in text_in, string& out text_out, CPlayer@ player )
    bool onClientProcessChat( CRules@ this, const string& in text_in, string& out text_out, CPlayer@ player )
    If text_out is set serverside, the chat message sent to other clients will match that string - if its set clientside it will only affect it for that client. We're considering having a word filter set up for the "kid friendly" graphical mode that's been added as well.
    I honestly doubt many players or servers will enforce word filtering though.

Yes

As I said, you won't have to as far as we understand it.

Heh, he's not very much of a fan of us, Michal managed to piss him off quite badly last time he tried out KAG.

Re: Workshop - I'm not sure how simple integration is. It certainly wont be present on release as we haven't looked into it at all.

Canadian98, LucasTT and rocker2 like this.
  2. Cyriel

Cyriel Catapult Fodder

Excellent news and congratulations.

potato14 likes this.
  3. Aftermath

Aftermath Shipwright

Yeah guys, I only have a few hundred games, Haha

1: Are you happy about Steam?
    Very, This might actually increase the amount of people in The community
    2: Do you use Steam?
    Not really, Since My computer is really shit.
    3: Will you purchase ( Or repurchase! ) KAG on Steam?
    Probably, If it's my mates birthday I'll buy him an Account
    4: Are you concerned about the influx of new players as a result of the impending release on Steam?
    It'll bring new Faces to the KAG Community like I said in Question 1, but It might also bring more cheaters
    5: Are you excited for the future of KAG the attention Steam will bring it?
    Very, Like I said in Question 1 and Question 4
    6: Are you excited for the future anti-cheat features that future versions of KAG will implement through Steam?
    Yes

Congratulations Geti, MM and The KAG Team On getting King Arthur's gold on Steam!

4. Best part about Steam: Friend's list.
    Thank you for delivering c:

5. Vanguarde

Vanguarde 'Most Hated' 2013

I could write the code, CLEAN, tight code - in about a month.

I don't care about swearing. I care about words like faggot, nigger, honky, etc. Racist and homophobic words. Again, make it a choice. Let the players choose to have the words blocked out or not.

Sigsson likes this.
  6. I heavily agree with choosing what words are blocked. Nothing's funner than beating a knight as a 1/2 heart archer or builder with a swift trick. Then I believe that the community has the right to spew profanities out of their respective head, choice words added or not.
    All the same fun.

7. Aftermath

Aftermath Shipwright

The first thing I'm going to say is, I like your signature, Second would have to be That I agree with what you're saying
    There should be a System in KAG that you put in Swear words and It blocks it out in-game once it's said.

8. BorderKeeper

BorderKeeper Tree Planter

But his WTF-A-Thon made me play this game :/ Try seducing him.

I don't know Vanguarde. Maybe make something really simple? Or find some open-source filter. A month of development time is precious. Now more than ever.
    PS: What the hell is "honky" ? :D

9. shadewolf10

shadewolf10 Shopkeep Stealer

I really do hope you dont go through this, This games comunity will disperse, The amount of Griefers and Tkers and general bad players will rise. That will mean we have a shit comunity and will ruin the game.

10. Vidar

Vidar KAG Guard Donator Tester

I hate steam. I prefer not to use third party software to run games.
    Sometimes.
    Yes.
    4: Are you concerned about the influx of new players as a result of the impending release on Steam?
    The more the merrier.
    Absolutely.
    6: Are you excited for the future anti-cheat features that future versions of KAG will implement through Steam?
    Oh thank you sweet lord.

Ej likes this.
  11. 1: Are you happy about Steam?
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    No. Anyone who is worried shouldn't be. More players == more money for devs == more time for devs to dev KAG == eventually more devs == more KAG goodies.
    Yes
    Yes.

12. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

So-so, I wish it was lightweight, at the moment it is an incredible memory hog.
    Yes, I do.
    No, I would not repurchase something I already have.
    Not really, we as a community must be welcoming of any new players. Even when there will be negative people coming as well. You gotta take the good with the bad.
    Yes, positive publicity is always a good thing.
    Very much so. With the current guard system in place, as an outside observer (for the moment, as I do not play much), the cheater/griefer situation seems a bit out of hand. I wouldn't consider my opinion valid as I have not been as active as I should have been.

13. BorderKeeper

BorderKeeper Tree Planter

Only good thing about it is the amounts of new people it will bring.
    Yep.
    Already answered. I will if forced.
    I am not. If devs will do their part, than the community will grow strong without the bad influences. Of course this micro-community we have here ATM is great, but its not really helping the devs financially.
    More players => More money => More Devs => More Features => Less Grumpy MM
    Those will be very important. It's one of the holes to the void on the path to succes.

Also I would just like to share some of my thoughts I've been having about the current demographic. We all can imagine an average CoD player. Now imagine this person does not have a good PC, or enough money to buy CoD.
    This person will search for game that is cheap and does not require that much horsepower and even if it's sounds crazy, KAG is a viable option. I believe that we can see this happening now and that many current griefers are in fact these kinds of people.
    With this said, I actually symphatise more with Geti's price for KAG on Steam.

14. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

I do have steam but would I still be able to play KAG without it becouse I find that the full screen tents to have problems and the window size is tiny?
    I think that KAG would then get a lot more noobs when it is on steam. But in my own personal opinion I think that KAG would stay more unique if it didn't go on steam. But I do agree that it would get rid off cheating.

15. Vaine

Vaine Horde Gibber

How would it be less unique?

16. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

I feel that when KAG is an individual program like it is now it is only really available to te few gamers that know about it but when it is published on a program such as steam it will be available for the masses.

17. Vaine

Vaine Horde Gibber

Is that not the point? So the devs can make more money, get more devs, and more frequent updates

18. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

It's the funniest word ever that is similar to 'cracker' and is meant to be like 'nigger'.
    45 seconds into the song/music video Thrift Shop by Macklemore has a hilarious use of it 25252525

19. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

I just feel that there would be far to many noobs, and this would lead on to too few servers, and I also feel that the user interface with KAG is better than games that I have seen on steam and this might be ruined when KAG is put on steam.

20. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

Too late.

UnnamedPlayer likes this.