1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Cortex command

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Rainbows, Jul 27, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

i would play this game if it were free. looks amazing

2. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

From memory, the Demo is pretty awesome. You should give it a try. :)

Beef and AJ like this.
  3. Mellian-Quar-Xililix

Mellian-Quar-Xililix Haxor

Send crab bombs against your brother and explos'd him in many tasty crab gibs.

4. S2uRI

S2uRI Builder Stabber

Amazing amazing amazing game.

5. palmito

palmito Shopkeep Stealer

has no free version? :(

6. zninja

zninja Shopkeep Stealer

7. Lizardheim

Lizardheim Shopkeep Stealer

We're releasing B27 today, just a heads up call.

AJ, Mellian-Quar-Xililix and Wonkyth like this.
  8. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

I haven't really kept my eye on CC, does it have multiplayer?

9. Wonkyth

Sweet! :D
    The only way I've really kept up with what's going on with this has been the CC twitter feed, but I must say that just from those little snippets, this sounds tasty! :3

10. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

Why am I so infernally poor?

All these amazing indie games coming out all the time and I can't afford getting my hands on them.

Used to play Cortex Command when it had this trial version with limited objects you could spawn, not sure if that is still around. But damn, this game brings me back to games such as liero. That is a damn good thing because I had so much fun with that game, destroying the landscape as you fight on.

I have a question, as an incredibly lazy person. Could someone make me a short list of the current major features from this game? Things such, is there any hotseat multiplayer, did they expand the campaign? Anything really. Try selling the game to me, I really want to buy it, but I need to be careful with my incredibly limited not-so-green dough.

Edit: No need, I will find out for myself. I am so glad right now. Master of the universe, Wonkyth just gifted me the game. I am in serious disbelief over how amazing this community is. I love you man-man. You just made this Friday so much better. I will repay you, mark my words. When you least excpect it.

Again, this will probably not be the last time I say it, but thanks so much bro :QQ:

11. Lizardheim

Lizardheim Shopkeep Stealer

Only splitscreen multiplayer and no plans to add any more than that, would be too much work compared to the tradeoffs you'd have to do with the engine and what you'd end up with.

It's awesome for couch coop though.

12. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

UPDATE: We are working on some bugs that reared their ugly heads last minute.. If the release happens today, it’ll be later in the day. Sorry!

NNONOOOOO

13. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Too lazy to look myself, any idea what kinda of things in the update?

14. Wonkyth

From what I can remember, having not actually looked myself, the big things are the Metagame now having AI, as well as various other upgrades to the Metagame.
    Also, no friendly-fire, and gold mining AI now works! :heart:

15. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Gold mining AI one of my biggest gripes currently. Your guy just ends up mining a small amount of gold and digging himself in a hole and then does nothing. All the while you could have used that gold to buy more stuff for defense or offense. No friendly fire will also be a welcome addition.

16. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

When did the price get put up to $20? Or am I misremembering buying it for $10?

The email I signed up with is long gone. Think I'd be able to get a key sent to me even if I barely remember my original email... ? Doubtful.

Also nice to see the wiki back up!

17. Wonkyth

$20 was the normal price, it dropped to $10 for some promotion, maybe the Because We May thing?

18. DawnOfNights

DawnOfNights Shopkeep Stealer

Been playing it for awhile now! Love the new stuff(meta-game with ai the most!)
    Thank god unitec has been updated as well, i LOOVEE their zombie mode and all their weapons (bow and arrow much?:D)

19. Wonkyth

Flying using pulse-digger = best thing ever! :D

WanderMark likes this.
  20. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

I have this weird fetish for losing. It has been with me ever since 6-7th grade. I read so many fantasy books during this period, and the notion of a "heroic last stand" got stuck with me. Think Helms Deep from lord of the rings and you understand what I am talking about.

This game is that taken to the extreme! I love building a small base and see for how long my poor freedom fighters can hold out. It is simply amazingly fun! The physics are amazing, it is basically a giant ant-farm, only that the ants are all trying to blow each other up.

Thank you a ton for the gift Wonkyth, it shall not be forgotten!

Noburu, Contrary and Beef like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi