1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Crash on start up.

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Deakul, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Deakul

Deakul Guest

AMD Athlon XP 2800+ 2.4ghz
    Geforce 7600GS BFG 512mb
    2gb ram
    Windows XP SP3

Here's the error report package it generated: http://www.mediafire.com/?713kcou3seydl3d

If you're afraid of the link then here's a picture of the DOS prompt... just right-click > view image
    [​IMG]

2. Tsuki

Tsuki Guest

What error message are you getting? I don't see any error message on your pic.
    Anyway have you tired to update your graphic drivers?

3. Deakul

Deakul Guest

Not really getting an error message, it crashes when trying to load the juxta.dll file.

And yes, everything that could possibly be updated on my computer is updated.

4. CrazyMLC

CrazyMLC Guest

It never hurts to try reinstalling. It might have something to do with your DirectSound8, since that appears to be the last entry on the console window.

5. who

who Shopkeep Stealer

I'm going out on a limb here, but seeing as how DirectSound8 is the last line before the crash, try plugging in a headset or unplugging one if you are using it. This has helped me with similar problems on other games.

6. Tsuki

Tsuki Guest

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 is correctly installed?

7. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I've got this same problem, just to let you know.

8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This happens with way too many games; give it a go OP and tell us how it goes :/

It usually happens if there's no working sound drivers available to the program AFAIK - Cortex Command does the same thing.

9. Nippit

Nippit Guest

I have similar hardware* as the OP (7600GS & Athlon XP) and get the exact same crash on startup. No (visible) error message. Some windows do pop up, but they're completely blank for some reason.

Does any part of King Arthur's Gold happen to use SSE2 instructions?

I'll be back next update,

Cheers!

* latest drivers used.

10. j01

j01 Guest

Hello, I've posted about this exact problem a number of times in the tumblr dev log as XPuser101.

I've had this issue since, like, build 20 or whatever, and at build 51 I'm still no closer to actually starting the game at all.

With the latest update I've tried fiddling with the sound and video settings in the configs, even turning sound off entirely, and there is no difference.

Now that I've found the forum and see others are experiencing the same issue, I sincerely hope that this issue can finally be pinpointed and addressed.

My system:

ATI Radeon 9550 256MB DDR PCI, with Omega 3.8.442 drivers
    AMD Sempron 3000+ 1.99ghz processor
    768 mb RAM
    Windows XP SP3

I've tried with and without headphones plugged in, with and without speakers plugged in, I've tried every combination of installing/uninstalling/repairing every version and every year of microsoft visual C++ redistributable, I've tried substituting every msvcr90.dll in my KAG folder and windows related folders I could find anywhere amongst the internet and 5 friends' separate computers.

Nothing seems to work, and I don't have these kinds of problems with any other games, which I have a lot of, so this is obviously KAG's problem. This saddens me, because I'd love to try KAG.

11. Monsteri

This is still happening.

12. Nippit

Nippit Guest

The game is still crashing on start-up with the 057 build. I use a sound card by Creative with the latest drivers.

I have a windows user name with an apostrophe ' in it and I noticed that the game tries to save its crash report to the wrong folder; it replaces the ' with the letters apos.

Furthermore the error window I get upon crashing is completely blank. For a split second I can catch a glimpse of some sort of progress bar, but it is interrupted shortly after.

I am eager to play the game, so I hope this bug will eventually be found. Thanks in advance!

13. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

14. Nippit

Nippit Guest

Unfortunately it does, but some things have changed.

Initially the game stopped at the same moment as in the original poster's screenshot (at DirectSound8 driver). Today was the first time the game actually downloaded an update.

After updating however the game now crashes at: Using file 'Base\Juxta.dll'

I think I have successfully sent a crash report, even though I can't see any text in the crash report window.

Thanks for replying.

15. Monsteri

Doesn't work for me either. (Luckily I have been able to play this game with anoter computer, but I will not be able to do that so often in the future, so I'm looking for this to be fixed :) )

16. j01

j01 Guest

Up to Build 71 now, and this problem is still present. I have yet to actually play the game.

Game installs, prompts to repair or remove c++ redist 2008 (cancel or repair seems to make no difference, I've tried every possible other thing as well, including complete removal and reinstall from official microsoft downloads, of each and every version), run the game, updates just fine, restart if major update, run game, crash on Base\Juxta.dll or directsound8.

At the current build, it crashes on Base\Juxta.dll.

17. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

You could try this CLICK! This is installer which installs all missing libraries of DirectX9.

18. Next

Next Guest

I have this same problem. I try evrything and nothing :<

Windows XP Home My friend's have XP too and they have this same problem. Juxta.dll

[​IMG]

19. -KAPMA-

-KAPMA- Guest

Hello!
    I'm trying to play this wonderful game for about a month ... Watch for any updates. She has never not worked. In all versions there is a mistake.

[​IMG]

20. Monsteri

Yeh, one of my cousins and one my friend has this also.

Luckily I've been able to play this game on a computer where it works.