1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[CTF] Action! Canyon.

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Rayne, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Eh, I was trying to make a volcano-like map, but backdirt is so op, removing it made it look more like a canyon imo.
    Tons of stone, so it's good for those stalemate matches Contrary hates so much.
    Also features big hills! Everyone loves those. /s
    Small version:
    Actioncanyon.png
    Large version:
    Actioncanyonlarge.png
    I wish I was better at making balanced asymmetrical maps qq.

Noburu, sj67, DUZ and 1 other person like this.
  2. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Added a [CTF] for you there.

As for the map- looks good to me. I like CTF maps with elevated centers, and while the gap may quickly become an impasse, the caverns make tunneling easy and are really a nice solution to the kind of stalemates brought on by maps with center holes.

The ledges near the top of the hole could make a decent early game tunneling platform, and you've actually uncluded trees in the center! Low ceiling discourages skybridges, though I imagine short ones coming off center fortifications will be inevitable.

Looks like it would be pretty hard to defend your base once center is taken, which I think is great, but a lot of people may think otherwise. I think this looks like an interesting and unique map, though I think it could use a little more gold.

BlueLuigi and Rayne like this.
  3. Semi

Semi Everypony Donator

mhh a bigger version of it would i like =D

4. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Yeah, I actually forgot to put gold:oops: And the CTF tag, I'm so off tonight, thanks for fixing it though, and the input as well.
    As for trees, I personally think a giant hill that you must hold with no trees at the top is a horrible gameplay mechanic, as going back for wood detracts you from what you should be doing, pushing.
    Was also thinking of including a bottomless pit version, because people falling into one of those has always made me laugh.
    It also didn't stalemate as much as I thought it would, my team got distracted by a builder down at the bottom, and in the process, let their horde of knights rage on our base.
    Editing it now, and I will include a bigger version Semi ;).
    E: Done, both versions added to the OP.

5. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

Larger Version:
    Actioncanyonlarger.png
    I think it looks like crap what I made, but whatev's. I was bored.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Rayne like this.