1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[CTF] Dual Nature 2013-10-21

A very unique CTF map for Beta that should remain balanced only on high level of play.

1. Ej submitted a new resource:

[CTF] Dual Nature - A very unique CTF map for Beta that should remain balanced only on high level of play.

Read more about this resource...

Klokinator likes this.
  2. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Holy shit, I really love the concept for this map. I'm sold, someone host this right the fuck now.

3. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

I really like the concept of this map.
    Though I think the design of the islands is too 'flat'. Try to make it more realistic by making the terrain more irregular.
    The caves under are interesting.
    How many starts should it get? Hmm... 4/5, I guess. It's pretty nice. Keep making maps like this!

4. if anyone wants to play the map, its in rotation of Shark CTF server

Klokinator and Guitarman like this.
  5. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

I just played a match with this map and I am sorry to say it is pretty painful for a serious game.

It is practically impossible to prevent flooding in your base, and your entire base will be flooded if you don't build high enough(which, because of how it looks and where your team needs mobility, tends to happen). Boats are also mostly useless on this map as it is smaller and has a lot of islands to dig through.

The flag locations are also not great, having the one up on a stone platform means that enemies can grab it from underneath and you have to build a very awkward tower around it, ontop of that there are 2 flags outside of build time range, meaning it is entirely impossible to get a defense around them in time and a team designing their base around defense will suffer greatly against a team almost entirely made of rushers. Also those two flags right next to each other are capped within seconds of the game starting making them useless...

Last issue is the map is a bit short, hard to make larger towers and that just makes it too easy for bomb jumping knights going for the last flag...

Flood racing, bad flag placement, bad fortification ability, and mostly water based combat. 2/5 rating. Sorry!

6. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I didn't know the map had three flags. That's awful, 2 at most plz. Especially when there's two flags right next to each other.

7. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

3 is the best number for flags,I'm telling you.

JupiterSky11 likes this.