1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

CTF Modded 2014-08-09

More classes, buildable halls, town center, factories, farms.

1. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Tsilliev submitted a new resource:

EDIT: March 27 2015
    Removed custom classes because they break the mod and updated the mod so it is compatible with the new version of kag - CTFE0.41
    Also merged the mod with Beo Zombies Mod - Zombies_Expanded_1.77
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    August 9, 2014
    CTF Modded - More classes, buildable halls, town center, factories, farms.

Read more about this resource...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    BlueLuigi, Asu, PinXviiN and 4 others like this.
  2. Duke_Jordan

Duke_Jordan King Arthur's Knight Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Awesome! whoever hosts this please let me know :D

3. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I'll try hosting it, but I need to know what to do if I can't find autoconfig.cfg in my main folder. Is there a new file that I modify now?
    *Edit: Just had to run the game first, seeming as Steam was broken I had to download the normal install instead.

Not able to find server in master list and/or connect, what's the issue? I'm pretty sure I port forwarded a long time ago but may need a few more instructions. Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  4. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Well, as I recall, you need to portforward 50301, you can check if its closed or open here http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

if its closed you know where is the problem if its open, go to autoconfig.cfg in the main folder of kag.
    [​IMG]

and inside of the file find, sv_register, it needs to have 1 at the end, so it looks like sv_register 1, it makes the server to appear in the browser. and also you need to find sv_gamemode and put CTFM034 ie - sv_gamemode CTFM034.
    I wrote the steps at the end of my first post.

Asu and Anonymuse like this.
  5. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I've gone through the rest of your steps, but I'll try to port forward again. Thanks.

6. stabborazz

stabborazz Haxor Staff Alumni

I host the server for now.

Duke_Jordan likes this.
  7. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

managed to make it work? If not come to irc, to see whats the problem.

Asu likes this.
  8. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Tsilliev updated CTF Modded with a new update entry:

CFTM035

Read the rest of this update entry...
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 12, 2014, Original Post Date: Aug 12, 2014 ---
    Server is up, named CTF Expanded, server may sometimes go down when I am fixing bugs, right now we are testing.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 12, 2014 ---
    I will make the next update tomorrow.
    1. Nerf Spearman (maybe 3 hearts instead of 4 or slower attack or maybe both.)
    2. Make sniper more accurate
    3. Fix bombers factory
    4. Make workshops hittable
    5. Drop down prices for factories
    6.Fix spawn on war base (town center) and hall.
    7.Voting system is missing.

If you have suggestion or found more bugs, post here.

Asu, Duke_Jordan and Anonymuse like this.
  9. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

The spearman's animation is poor, I can't even tell if it's attacking half the time, charging an attack, or has a double attack charged.
    It also is REALLY hard to tell apart on teams. Bodies make it completely camouflaged.
    Instead of a hearts nerf... just make the range shorter OR remove the ability to shield. IIRC it wasn't supposed to be able to in Skinney's original mod idea? How is a man with a spear and no shield able to block a mine's blast?
    The sniper sort of wants a red targeting laser... just IMO XD

10. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

true, I like the idea of removing the ability to shield, I will do that and also about the sniper, I wanted to make a trail after the bullet, the same principle as the rocks from the catapult, but havent been successful so far, we will see.
    And yes, the sniper is little buggy, doesnt shoot exactly where he is pointing. ::D:

11. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Excited to try this, and hopefully I can get my loser brother to give me the router password since he knows shit all about computers in general.

12. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Didnt try it yet? :D

Asu likes this.
  13. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Was at work, but will if it's still hosted right now. ::D:
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 12, 2014, Original Post Date: Aug 12, 2014 ---
    It's really cool right now, a few obvious balance fixes like the spearman's animation and range + damage. But it's pretty cool otherwise!

14. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

I tried this mod exactly long enough to realize that the spearmen travel by pogostick.

15. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Yeah, the animations are quite funny... :D
    Also, what is the purpose of a town hall/king's thing? Tried figuring it out and couldn't.
    And how do you level it?

16. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Ok I start updating the mod.
    The hall, I need to add spawn to it, and also add spawn to the town center, you level the town center with wood, the town center will enable spawn as well and cheaper price for bomber.

Asu likes this.
  17. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Tsilliev people have been asking to remove spear man block and make the sniper more accurate.

18. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Update: Spearman shield have been removed, now going to nerf the snipers accuracy.

Read above ::D:

edit: Sniper's accuracy should be fine now, and sniper is renamed to Musketman and the Musketman cannot use fire,water,bomb arrows, later I made add explosive bullet.

edit2: I am at the last point, implementing the voting system.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 13, 2014, Original Post Date: Aug 13, 2014 ---
    Everything should be at place, starting server.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 13, 2014 ---
    Server turned off for bug fixes.
    Error relating StandardControl.as

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  19. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Excited to see the new changes, hopefully the spearman is a little more balanced now. The only real other thing is the range vs. animation range issue. The spearman can hit like 4 blocks further than the actual animation, and that needs to be nerfed. They also need a much smaller "swing" radius, that is, they should only hurt directly where they are poking. Thanks for the updates!

If the shield is removed does that mean they are not able to slide on their shield anymore?

20. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Server up again, I hope I fixed the freezing bug, I have also updated the Spearmans animation, so you know when he have charged to slash, and also have made his charge slightly slower than the knight.

Removed the shield and also sligtly slower attack, about hiting 4 blocks further than the animation, can you come and show me? I made it exactly to hit on the tip of the spear no further.

They are not sliding on their shield they are hopping on their spear ::D:

edit: server stopped, ArcherLogic error lol

Asu likes this.