1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

CTF Plus

Discussion in 'Game modes' started by Strathos, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Strathos

Strathos KAG Guard Tester

St.Ages: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/st-ages-saint-ages.15820/

A CTF Gamemode that involves some economics and resource management. Workshop upgrading tiers allow for different strategies (with their pros and cons).
    As explained when the match starts: GATHERING DOESN'T GIVE MANY COINS. Trade resources for coins to buy bombs and arrows! Gold sells better than stone and wood. Stone is scarce, so build a Stoneyard to get it. Try to seize the map center and hoard all the gold!
    Start by building Barracks > Bomb+Arrow shop > Quarters > Lumberyard. Then go for Stoneyard, Treasury and upgrades ASAP.

I had high hopes for this, but it never caught on.
    This gamemode addresses problems like "rush with laddering builders to win", where 1 mistake can cost you the match., huge castles built by a couple of minecrafters that take forever to bring down., the lame "get the gold, spawn catas and win"., or "camp on base and bomb them attacking fools": camping on base actually kills you slowly here.
    I think this is the closest you can get to a King Arthurs Gold on classic.

Works on non-gold servers.
    This is the last, revised version with overall lower prices for a faster gameplay.

Hawxx, Kovett, feet and 8 others like this.
  2. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

This is a cool gamemode, I'm going to use it in my server and try to get people to join. I will credit you in the server description. Thank you! :D

3. UltraMarine_Val

UltraMarine_Val Bison Rider
    1. FUN Servers

i gonna to test that :3