1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

CTF Progress, Day 1 + Other news

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Aug 20, 2013.

1. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

agree. it could be a nice touch to the gliding mechanic. like a cherry on the top of a cup cake :3

2. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Lostpix, from all the shots I fired, shield gliding seems to be very graphically misrepresenting.
    In practice, it looks like it is locked up, but often it seems like the only place you can land a hit is from below, as if they are pointing the shield diagonally.. it's strange, and the graphic does it no justice.

Anyways, nking, knights are more readily capable at getting near, and staying near a hall than an archer, they just don't have as many opportunities.

NinjaCell likes this.
  3. NKking

Devs I have a request for you
    It will just help more experienced players to preform better in the game.
    Could you make it so that every inventory slot for knight and archer has a hotkey.
    It could be optional so people could turn it off.
    I personally would prefer to have 1,2,3,4 as a hotkey buttons not useless smiley faces.( I could try to understand if they were commands like Defend, attack , cover ,etc.

Personal reason: I designed a way how to preform x4 ,x5 bombjumps. It is not that hard in theory. I even preformed x4 but it requires surgery accuracy and perfect timing because mid fly you need to pull 2 bombs out of your inventory which were previously lit and when you mid fly and you choose the wrong bomb which should detonate later, well you are dead.
    Maybe not this update but it could really help expert players, which found their stile of gameplay and want to refine it and crate new combos.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 27, 2013, Original Post Date: Aug 27, 2013 ---
    Could you explain that part haven't understood it.

Digger101 likes this.
  4. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Geti why did you tell us this now everyone is complaining about op archers. There not. If you are scared by the very pressence of a archer you suck.
    Also NKKing you can just stick your shield out. You have enough time to shield again. Unless they shot the bomb arrow first and you didn't block it, its your fault then.

NinjaCell likes this.
  5. NKking

Sorry, but did I ever told that it ill make archers op?
    First of all, I told that grappling hook may contain some disbalances and bugs and it will be even more bugs in the piggybank when other more important bugs should be solved.
    Secondly, I explained that neater archers or knights are op or feeble and the most important thing at the moment is Players skill.
    Also I just made it more clear for my self what the hook will be like and made sure that there is no things I don't like (just personal curiosity[people are always curious about new and probably game changing things] devs should take that in count if they post pre-update news about the upcoming update )

And stop being an asshole, the forum is made for devs to collect info, for players to discuss stuff and to tell your own opinion,(correct m me if I missed something.)

Ether way bomb arrows are a powerful weapon especially with all other arrows tide together in a nice combo

6. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

First off the whole message wasn't ment for you. The last part was
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 27, 2013, Original Post Date: Aug 27, 2013 ---
    What are you talking about. "asshole" The first part was a joke and the little thing that was ment for you was just telling you, in case you didn't know.

7. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Re: all the senseless bitching that grapple is OP/will unbalance things/etc.--

>_<

How do I break this down so you can understand what we're aiming for? :huh?:

Hmm. How about TV Tropes...
    ---

In the law of Necessary Drawback, as applied to PvP games, there are three main attributes-- speed, damage, and toughness.

Now consider this:
    • Knight, with bomb jumping+shield glide+sword+shield+bombs+kegs, is effectively a Lightening Bruiser.
      • This means, knights have all three attributes-- speed and damage and toughness.
    • Archer, with grapple+variety of arrows+arrow climbing-knife (yes, knife is going byebye), is effectively a Long Range Fighter of sorts (although the exact balance between Fragile Speedster & Glass Cannon depends, ofc, on what is fun to play + not unbalanced).
      • This means that (whether FS or GC) archer gets speed and damage but not toughness.
    EoD re: grapple makes archer OP.
    ----

Basically, while we're not solely building around 1v1 fighting, archer will always be harder to play against knight 1v1 because it lacks toughness. This will be true regardless of whether or not archer has grapple. We want archer to be a support class that, with enough player skill, can be used in close/mid range combat as a Difficult But Awesome class and grapple helps this immensely (although, ofc, between high skilled players knight will still come out on top more readily because archer is first & foremost a support class).

Now please, no more bitching? :heart:

norill, NinjaCell, 8x and 1 other person like this.
  8. Boea

Boea Such Beta

You can still block the explosion, it was said in a dev post or update log sometime ago, you just have to shield at the bomb arrow stuck in you!!!

and fbb, that explanation makes me happy!

9. NKking

Ok ,:heart::)​
    Fuzzy Maybe you know when the update will be released, approximately?​

10. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

When it's ready.

The reason Geti mentioned it was because the devs didn't want it to be a total shock to people when it turned up; however, just because he's told you what's coming doesn't mean it's coming tomorrow. I can promise you that they've had their nose to the grindstone coding & the QA team (i.e. the internal testers) have been hard at arguing over the finer details & testing the compromises that MM & Geti serve up.

Personally speaking, hopefully within a week, but there may very well be hidden pitfalls that I (a non-coder) can't predict so please take that with a grain of salt.

11. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

*Ahem*

https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/paratrooping-time.15643/

No hotkeys needed. Plus they wouldn't help, since lit bombs stack in your inventory.

Of course it's nearly impossible to try the penta on a server with any lag at all, but that's a different story. :noburu:

FuzzyBlueBaron and Monsteri like this.
  12. NKking

I agree, It is not that hard of a task to do if you don't mess it up (in single player), but when you are in mid battle in a lagy server hotkeys could be useful and it is a bit weird how lit bombs stack.

13. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

At least allowing us to customize buttons would be good and I mean in options.