1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[CTF] Starsiege: Tribes maps remade!

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Destroid, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Destroid

Destroid Builder Stabber

I've decided to remake some classic maps from Tribes for KAG. So far I've done two three, feel free to jump in with your own!

UPDATE: Maps all slightly undated, two of them had buggy spawns before. Bases no longer easily collapsed (they have some dirt inside them).

UPDATE 2: Raindance added.
    UPDATE 3: More rock added to maps, bridges reinforced for easier building, Broadside removed.

Dangerous Crossing, 250x150.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rollercoaster, 300x120.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Blastside, 200x120 (20 block wider Broadside).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Raindance, 300x150.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    </br>--- merged: Aug 29, 2012 4:56 PM ---</br>

Invaders, dnmr, -Tj- and 6 others like this.
  2. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

These are some pretty good maps, keep it up! :)

3. Bioautomaton

Bioautomaton Mysterious Man/Machine Donator

I'm currently running these on my server. I have to say, I really enjoy them! My one critique would be that Raindance's built-in base is very, very hard to get out of in the dark. Maybe add ladders, or notches, or something? Or a window?

Anyway, as a long-time Tribes player I heartily approve. Also - Rollercoaster is pretty awesome with a water level of 50. I imagine Dangerous Crossing would be the same. Out of the maps played, I enjoyed the bridge mechanic of Dangerous Crossing the most and Rollercoaster's hills were very enjoyable putting it at a close second. Great work, I hope to see more!

4. Destroid

Destroid Builder Stabber

Thanks a lot! Feel free to modify them to suit KAG a little better. I initially built them to be fairly close to a 1:1 replication, so there really wasn't a whole lot of consideration given to KAGs mechanics given and I think the bases in Raindance are a bit clumsy (and pointless) in hindsight. What's the name of your server, I'll drop by and check them out :)

These have been run on one of the Australian servers before - I found that Raindance, Rollercoaster and Dangerous Crossing were quite fun, while Broadside really needed some work.

5. Bioautomaton

Bioautomaton Mysterious Man/Machine Donator

I'm running them on "KAGtastic - Bio's Gold Server", details in the server thread. I like Broadside, the trees being on ground level adds a nice starvation mechanic for building and helps alleviate some of the siege problems, I think. Hard to say until I get more players on; haven't had more than 3v3 (that I've been present for) yet. I've added water to Rollercoaster at level 46 and intend to do the same for Dangerous Crossing. The valleys get little mini-lakes in Rollercoaster that make for interesting water hazards for Knights and the bridges above Dangerous Crossing with gaps seemed a natural fit for water as well.

6. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

I Love these maps.

Ill use them for my WW1/Trench warfare server.
    (If you click my signature, you can see me group page for my servers)

LadyHawk likes this.
  7. LadyHawk

LadyHawk Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Faggot.

I love the way you made the stone swirl.
    PLEASE make more maps that have a floating spawn. even if they dont fit here, post them somewhere else. :3