1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Culinary Corner (Mostly Cooking Oils)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Sytoplasma, Jan 26, 2015.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Simple alfredo sauce!

You'll need; white wine, heavy whipping cream, Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, butter.

Place some butter into a skillet/pan. Add in some minced garlic, parsley and salt and pepper. When the butter starts to bubble up, pour in a small amount of white wine. When that starts bubbling, pour in about 2-5 cups of heavy whipping cream (depending on the amount of sauce you need). After a few minutes, start mixing in bunches of Parmesan cheese until the sauce has properly thickened. Serve over pasta/chicken and enjoy!

NinjaCell, FuzzyBlueBaron and Noburu like this.
  2. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Mmm. Alfredo bist sauce. ^_^

'Specially over home-made pasta. \^____________________^/

3. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I love cooking. Cooking > buying stuff. I love cooking asian styled food, as well as mediterranian shizzle.

nothing beats a good SCHNITZEL or CURRYWURST though.

Re oils: sunflower, rape (lol 'dat translation | SFW LINK) and hazelnut oil bst. I rarely use olive oil too, but obviously not for stuff that needs a shitton of heat like for example steaks and the likes. Macadamia oil I personally have never seen around here anwhere, aside from it probably being extremely fat I suppose it would also pretty expensive (yurop fak yea).

edit: looked it up. 11,95€ for 200 ml. Yeah, fak that.
    edit2: I hear we're sharing burger pix?
    [​IMG]
    I could've made the buns myself, but I was pretty lazy that day and I screwed around with crabs for the first time so I didn't feel like spending all too much time on them.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    FuzzyBlueBaron, NinjaCell and Noburu like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi