1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Current issues and dealing with them - POLL

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jun 12, 2013.

?

Do you like the proposed changes below?

Poll closed Jun 19, 2013.
  1. Yes!

77.9%
  2. Kind of! (post respose with reason)

15.6%
  3. No!

6.5%
  1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Only if you let them get into your hall/spawn room, which I'd advise rather strongly against. If they do get in, you could still try to drive them out if you have a hall or accessible tunnel nearby. It does mean that once a hall is being converted you don't get spawnkilled, and also that the game is less of a war of attrition - once you've taken their hall, you move onto the next section of the round rather than grinding against each other for ages. I think ultimately not spawning while they're taking it is a good thing, but I am interested in other opinions there as I might be missing something.
    Would people like getting spawnkilled for the tradeoff of maybe being able to fight back a capture?

delankski likes this.
  2. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

No. Definitely stick to the no-spawning whilst the hall is being taken. Spawn killing is the one major issue that spans across a vast number of games. It can be fun to have the possibility to win back the point, but the fact you let them in means you should concede (cleanly) the hall so the next battle can begin.

JacKD, Riflemancdr and Geti like this.
  3. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

It is definitely a good idea, but it is hard to tell without playing it. When a lot of people playing on the map it works differently than when 2 or 3 people testing it. We will see.

4. TreeMeister

TreeMeister Catapult Fodder

I'm all for the no spawn on contested halls. Spawnkilling sometimes an issue currently when the enemy gets into your base, takes out the migrant hotel, and has a few knights sit at the edge of the map to kill anyone who spawns while they find the last 2 builders who dug like ants.

5. driecoolguy36

driecoolguy36 Shopkeep Stealer

Also, will we still be able to have as many facs of one type as we want? Cause if not, i will fondly remember the days where i could build 10 demo facs and destroy the world with them.

EDIT: When i say as many as we want, i mean will we have to individually buy scrolls for them?

6. CookieEpic

CookieEpic Shopkeep Stealer

Well, besides the flags, the gameplay of base raping may become an issue..

In CTF, the problem was that you would build a giant base over a single area (In this case, it's the "control points" that you have to defend) And there would be massive chaos between the two bases, and eventually one side would overpower the other. However, in order to reach said point of interest (base, flag, or control point) you had to go through an unavoidable, long and boring stage of base raping.

7. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Stop using word "rape" also how can you know it will cause any issues if you never saw it work in the game in the first place?

8. TreeMeister

The way I could see not having to completely demolish a base's factories, only to rebuild would be to have factories "linked" to the nearest friendly hall, and all linked factories convert to the other team upon capture of the hall. That way it would be more refurbishing a base than gutting it and remodeling.

9. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but to my mind isn't the whole point of captureing a hall is that it's two-way, meaning that if filthy reds steal one of your halls (assuming it wasn't your last hall you just lost) you've always got the option of getting a crew together at another of your halls and going back to capture it again? Can't see how allowing spawn killing would change that for the better... :huh?:

10. TreeMeister

I think what he meant was that you might have a (slim) chance to prevent the capture from going through at all, so you never lose the point.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  11. JaffaCake

JaffaCake Builder Stabber

I have a problem my internet connection isn't perfect but it is okay (4 bars to 3) but the servers keep kicking me every 19-21 minutes!!!?!

12. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

You are getting ping kicked, maybe you internet just has sudden rise of lag, best way to fix this is ask the admins on the server for V.I.P giving you the ability to be vulnerable to ping kick.

13. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Is it wireless? It happens to me too, from time to time i get kicked because the connection kinda jumps...

14. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

Some random idea I had this morning:
    If maps have multiple halls, cap the amount of upgrades you can make for the ones closer to the middle.
    Then the difficulty will grow with every base captured.
    The level caps should be like this: Hall one - lvl 8, Hall two - lvl 6, Hall three - lvl 4, Every other Hall - lvl 3.
    Because the difficulty increases every hall you take, games can last much longer, and taking back bases is encouraged. (That base has less technology, so the defending team has the advantage)
    Tunnels should be removed, and replaced with Hall tunnels. (Tunnels that are purchasable as an upgrade to a hall) Hall tunnels can't be used by objects, so objects and siege machines have to be taken by boats.

I'd make the levels like this:
    Level 1 and 2 add the basics of a war base; A seedshop(nursy or something?) and a supplies building for 1, barracks and quarters for 2.
    Level 3 adds at least a tunnel.
    Level 4, 5, 6 add siege stuff. Catapults, Ballistas, Drills, Fire, etcetera.
    Level 7 and 8 add general upgrades.
    It'd be nice if every last upgrade, 3, 6 and 8, gives the Hall an upgrade too.
    A built-in arrowturret or something.
    Pros and Cons:
    Con:
    Pro:

As you can see, the pros and cons are mostly based on opinion.
    I think the pros are better, because strategic gameplay is lacking right now, and it would give the game some depth.
    The fact that you can't have every upgrade in the lab is already a good start, but this would be a big step forward.

*I know you don't want any big suggestions for next update, but (I think) this one only sounds big. It can't be too hard to cap some levels and add some upgrades that are already in the game, if necessary as a gamemode, right? If it is, it's only a suggestion. I'd rather see progress than buggy dreams that'll never come true.

15. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yeah it's a bit of a big suggestion, not something we're likely to be pursuing before we get the game out ;)

We've got something almost playable, MM and I want to have it out tonight but it might be delayed until next week (like the other update was) to clean some things up (because they need it, haha).
    Capturing halls and bases scaling as needed is done though.

We're actually planning a return to something akin to classic workshops after this, but we'll see how it plays without going that far first.

Gofio, xChapx and delankski like this.
  16. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

:thumbs_up: Good.

17. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

Well, as I said: "if it is, it's only a suggestion".
    If you like it, think about it, if you don't, don't.

It's good that the update is close. :thumbs_up:
    I can't wait! o(≧▽≦)o

18. -Q

-Q Donator

This is amazing guys, I played the update. The possibilities are unfolding like a crystal pattern in front of my eyes - Builders in classicish ctf are pretty generic and unimaginative about how they build, out of necessity - Everyone has to work together. With this Hall system, though, the map maker can specify /where/ bases go - It can be anywhere, and people will flock and fight, because it is a clear, obvious goal. I'm imagining bases under the sea, floating in the air, in the deepest mountains, such creativity and variety builders can't normally have without going AWAL and 'minecrafting'. The same with the other classes, I suppose. What would be the dynamics of defending an underwater base? And the 'air' you mentioned... kukuku.

This is going to revolutionize KAG for the better. There are plenty of people complaining now, but change is hard and they'll come around when they get re-situated. One suggestion: Buying a migrant for lots of gold.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  19. CookieEpic

CookieEpic Shopkeep Stealer

I love this update! It makes the game very fun! :D

Thank you so much for listening to the community. You're some of the most responsive, helpful, and friendly developers i've ever seen. I'm so glad i play KAG. :)

Geti, Wargod-Loki and Digger101 like this.