1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Custom Made Wooden Zippo Lighters

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ComJak, Aug 19, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Could you try it with the knowledge that it may sit there without anyone buying it or must I sign in blood?
    OSHI I dare say transporting it half the way around the world may affect the price? Me being in England :P

2. ComJak

ComJak Shipwright

i'd be perfectly willing to do it as an exercise

you don't have to buy if you don't like it :D

I'm not a super business man yakno, just makin a hobby so it's not all about the money

lol did Shad just ninja his own post?

3. ComJak

ComJak Shipwright

SHIPPING:

I'll let you choose the carrier and I'll show you the exact price. That would be all you have to pay, no inflation of shipping.

If you want me to do the pattern, I'll do that first before we talk money how bout that?

4. ComJak

ComJak Shipwright

Hey Rainbows, I see a little bit of a problem with your design. The thin lines that separate each thread will be near impossible to keep intact. Do you have another similar design perhaps?

5. Rainbows

Could they just be made thicker?
    Meh don't kill yourself over anything

6. ComJak

ComJak Shipwright

what I can do is make it leveled so that those super thin black lines are no more. It would take away a bit of the depth but it wouldn't be near impossible

haha so you can either change the design or go with the one you submitted but without the depth lines. I'll show it to you when I finish the design and you can then decide if you want it or not.

7. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

I know fire-treated wood, I was just expected them to be made out of scant xD (Google the word if you don't know it.)

They're really nice looking I hope you get a few buyers (I myself have a nice Zippo so I'll pass).

8. ComJak

ComJak Shipwright

Ah lireal, but one zippo is never enough ;) what if you break it? what if it stops working? what will you do then? surely not go back to using bics?

9. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

No... I'd buy a new one they're cheap around here :P

10. Rainbows

I want to see how a layered one goes...
    If I don't like it just make Lireal buy it with force (of good advertising and persuasion of course)

11. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

couple of things...You need to find wood that will not suck your lighter fuel in and "explode" after some time.We had one stick that was in fuel couple days and we have put it on fire,it was like in Indiana Jones movies :D Burn baby burn and you need to stick it in ground to put the fire off!
    Another thing is that you need to find any small cracks while you work on it,fuel can go trhu that cracks,or atleast it will vapour out really fast.
    Maybe you will find this funny,but if you find a peace of wood that will not float,it is the best for this kind of use!
    It has high density,it is hard as hell and it burns really hard!
    Also i LOVE Zippos,so when i make something that i would like on it and when you find good wood,i will buy it from you!

12. Noc

Noc Guest

I'm interested.

13. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Hard density wood... I'll just go get a tree then :D

14. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

It was not a joke :D

15. t0rchic

t0rchic Drill Rusher

...Lol hard density wood.

16. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Well I was joking... *pout*

17. dwatring

dwatring KAG Guard Tester

I got some right here...
    (sexual innuendos FTW)

18. ComJak

ComJak Shipwright

If you could recommend some wood Ha1ter, I will definitely look into it. Of course, high density wood is hard to work with also. There are no cracks in the wood that I work with so that's not a problem. Cracks are more of a problem with harder wood.

Also, if these woods sink, how will we tell if she's a witch?!?!

@ Rainbows, I'll get working on one with the lines. I just got a dremel engraver so I may be able to pull something off.

@ Noc, Post a design here and I'll take a look see :D

19. vig

vig KAG Guard Tester

You should make the hollow blocks as symmetrical as possible, make each lighter case as if it were the first and last one you'll ever make. Do you go over the surface with sandpaper? You could make your best lighter shell/casing with a "King Arthur's Gold" engraving for fun, laughs and promotion.

20. ComJak

ComJak Shipwright

I personally like a little bit of an organic feel to the cases so they are not perfectly planed. I do have the materials to make them perfectly flat. I do go over them with both sand paper and a buffing tool. I might just do that if I have time though if potential buyers would give me designs to do, I'd do those first. Rainbow's design is proving to be a bitch but not impossible

Mods: BlueLuigi