1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Custom Siege Equipment

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by ffsff, Mar 6, 2015.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes, a great idea!

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Simple yes

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Simple no

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Bad idea

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Yes, but would do differently

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. ffsff

ffsff Haxor

Welcome forum goer! What if KAG had siege equipment that you can build from scratch? I'm not talking about going to the KAG-IKEA and un-boxing your brand new ballista, I'm talking about putting your catapult together the way you want. With this you can create some of your own designs for a new type of siege weapon. Maybe it has nothing to do with launching a projectile at all. And maybe it specializes in chucking lit kegs. If this is added, whether it be by official release or by the hands of modders, a whole new way to customize your experience in KAG will be unlocked.

So, I was thinking about this for a while and I came up with some cool ideas. First off, custom contraptions could help make the game more involved. You could make a catapult that has three beams and five wheels, or you could create something that resembles a trebuchet. The picture shows a cut-down version of what I had originally thought. My initial thoughts were something along the line of building from complete scratch, where you use blocks for the frame and ropes/springs to bring your contraptions to life. But the problem arises when it comes to actually putting this in game. It is too complicated to actually add in to the game, so a more feasible idea is to have parts, that already work in their own way, attach to other parts or bases through connection points or hot-spots. These points would be predetermined to avoid any complications. I have thought about this idea a great deal and I feel that this could possibly be added without too many complications.

Note: This is not a demand. Though it may ask for a lot, it is merely a suggestion to the devs, and modders, of KAG.

Here is a little picture of what this could look like:
    (the brown box would not in-game)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Custom Siege Equipment.png
    You may have to zoom in.

PinXviiN likes this.
  2. Definetly not in the game, a mod could work well though.

I don't think the devs are looking to add customizations to artillery and if any customization is to be added it's going to be with the player head and possibly body/sword

I don't see someone in the heat of battle thinking about customizing a ballista or catapult to look cool with beams. And having multiple launchers (if you were implying this) would be OP
    But then again, that's just what I think

Fuzzle likes this.
  3. ffsff

ffsff Haxor

I agree, I have my doubts about its usefulness in the heat of battle. I am thinking, it would server better in a modded game-mode.

I can imagine the devs right now, overloaded with ideas and suggestions and all sorts of kids and adults alike asking if not demanding for their idea to be incorporated.

4. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

I could see this working well for an attack and defense gamemode, where the attackers construct siege weapons and the defenders build fortifications. Outside of that I have a hard time seeing this in any other gamemode due to the speed of KAG.

blackjoker77777 and Fernegulus like this.
Mods: Rainbows