1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Day/Night CTF

Discussion in 'Game modes' started by BlueLuigi, Mar 5, 2012.

1. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

You may run into problems if you have more than 4 people playing and one team goes 2 archers, if those archers are even close to good they will shut down any 2 knight/builder combo, even 1 archer + 1 other thing combo most of the time if there are no bombs or they are expensive.

Kouji likes this.
  2. b0xman

b0xman Catapult Fodder

good to know, we usually never have more then 4 players so, but we hope to have more, as we get better at the game I will continue to tweak the rules to balance gameplay.
    </br>--- merged: Apr 8, 2012 5:07 AM ---</br>
    i'm sorry to ask a noob question, but how does one set the server to "gold only"?

BlueLuigi likes this.
  3. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

In your dedicated_autoconfig.gm (in the KAG/Base/Scripts folder in your server) look for this line:

global sv_gold_only = 0;

set it to 1.

4. b0xman

b0xman Catapult Fodder

i'm currently looking in that config file and see no such line...

5. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

It is very near the bottom. If you do not see it there, you can simply add it anywhere yourself.

6. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

If it's not there, I'm pretty sure you can add that line yourself. Not sure if the order of the lines matter, but if it does, it goes in this order (grabbed from the autoconfig.gm):

global sv_rconpassword = ``; // Sets the server remote console password.
    global sv_require_auth = 1; // If set to 1 server checks client authentication via master server.
    global sv_gold_only = 0; // If set to 1 only premium account players can join (aka Gold Server).
    global sv_allow_globals_mods = 1; // If set to 1 global KAG moderators and admins can kick/ban

edit: damn, BlueLuigi ninja'd me, I'm losing my touch.

7. b0xman

b0xman Catapult Fodder

that's really weird, the lines (all the ones you mentioned)simply don't exist for me... i'll try adding them

also, i though this was why day/night cycle wasnt working, but i was wrong and i can't seem to get day/night working...