1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Dead game is dead...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leo, Sep 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Wow dude, you're pretty ignorant if you honestly think that's true. I've gotten more fun games for $2.50-$7.00 than I have any other price range.

You mainstream gamers and your laughable AAA call of duty games lol.

2. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

It is true.
    Most games under 5$ are what Darg said - shit, obscure, or unpopulated.
    Also, how does that make him a "mainstream gamer"? Never knew KAG players were so elite.

3. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

I forgot to put in "(...) back alley, or on a Steam Sale".
    And no, not a mainstream gamer. Haven't played any console for at least 2 years, nor any shooters (excluding Borderlands 2) and my computer only has 2 GB of Ram........ AKA I can run nothing but indie games.....

4. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

we are not elite we are elitests theres a diffrence

5. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

You saying "there are no good games for $5" is laughable. Are you referring to only regular priced games? Roughly 95% of the games in my library were purchased for $2.50 to $7. Of those, I can't even assign a monetary value to 50% of them because I got them in online bundles for dirt cheap, like $1 a game. The other 5%, like skyrim and deus ex HR, those were impulse buys when I had a ton of cash. Steam has sales so often there's never a lack of good games to purchase.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Admittedly, I haven't played about 40% of my games (Most bundles have at least a few crappy duds wedged in to inflate game count) so you could chop the number down to around 80 games instead of 115, and I've played quite a few bad games, but that still leaves me with roughly 60 good games that I played for a long time before moving onto the next addiction. I'd tell you to look at my steam profile for hours played per game, but I play most games offline so most games don't have an accurate time count. Even so, I assure you I've bought and played roughly 60 good games, and there are a ton more on steam I'll be buying when I have the money. Like this game, or this one (When it inevitably goes on sale for summer).

Looking through my wishlist, most games I want are about $10, but they go on sale all the time and during summer generally for 50% off, or more! I don't buy into this argument that there are no good $5 games.

6. Dargona1018

*Cough cough*
    AKA, exactly as I said, there are barely any $5 games that aren't on a Steam Sale.

7. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

Steam sale/humble bundle =/= actual game price

8. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Fine, I can accept that.

Well anyway, I'll just head over to the 120 pages of under $5 games and ignore your inability to find things.

Kabouter123 likes this.
  9. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

When did buying a AAA game make you a scrub :eek:
    Also thanks for that list klok. :heart:

Klokinator likes this.
  10. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Hey dumbo contrary is a girl dumbo come on you've been around a long time

11. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

Instead of lowering the price we could just advertise it more. Reddit / tumblr / "digg" / that type of stuff.

12. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

There will always be people who play KAG, I will still play in many years to come, there will always be people who will buy it and play it and fall in love with it.

dildor likes this.
  13. Dargona1018

*cough cough* Sales and DLC *cough cough* takes away at least *cough cough* 50-75 titles *cough*
    How about instead of talking about other inability to find things, you work on your inability to read words?

14. Tern

Tern Quickfish Donator Official Server Admin
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

I think you need to quit smoking, Darg

15. You guys are going off topic with this...

Put the game on sale on steam make it 5 dollars or so?

16. Dargona1018

Yea, I guess so......

other than smoking the competition . . . ..

17. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Dargona's whole point was that "you can't find anything on steam that's good for under $5" implying that all games under $5 are shitty wastes of money.

[​IMG]

Yep, mmhm. Those sure look like shitty games to me. Portal? Never heard of it. Half-life? More like half-shit!

But seriously, who can honestly look at 120 pages of games and say "Well all games on steam under $5 are shit", or "There aren't enough games to buy for $5" when there are 120 pages of games?

50-75 huh. Okay.

120 pages of games. 25 games per page. That's 3,000 goddamn games for under $5, and that's clearly a lot more than a few. You can't reasonably cut out games on sale either, because Steam always has a buttload of games on sale. We aren't even in summer sale or winter sale time right now, and there's 3,000 of them. If you look carefully and sort by tag, you can always find something worth playing.

The reason I'm debating this point is because Dargona implies that a sale or drop of the price will make people think KAG is a piece of shit somehow. That's simply not true. That implies the image of games above are all somehow devalued just because someone has to put less of a monetary investment into them. If anything, when I spend very little on a game, if I get a lot of replay value back for my money, I feel very happy, as in"Wow, so much for so little! I'll follow this dev team and buy everything they release from now on!". Most people feel that way as well, it's not just me.

Anyway, that's how it is. What was the main topic again? Oh right, KAG is dead. Put it on sale maybe?

18. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

They could put it on sale again but if/when that happens people can't curb stomp everyone scaring them away. Maybe if they ever do a sale they could add a couple of rag-tag servers that only noobs could join. (Maybe after you buy it you have about a week of noob server time but you can still join other servers just these ones would have big bold text saying "IF YOU'RE NEW JOIN HERE" and if you clicked the auto join button itd auto join you into noob servers. (also some people who arent noobs/new could join ~ people that are nice and help others ~ the Aurora's of the community.

19. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

You realize that's the exact idea I first proposed in the other thread about this topic, right? Lol. Like, word for word almost.

20. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

someone brought this up on the steam forum(doing a huge sale) but that infact would would lower the actual value of kag like it did terraria (that is why it is always on sale for 2 dollars ALOT) which is why i think the next sale they do should be the same as the last imho

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.