1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Deadline Announcement + Water and Wood almost here!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

A "support" is a pillar that touches the ground.

thebonesauce likes this.
  2. Parselord

Parselord Bison Rider

How does the 'support system' work? I mean, when you create six or more blocks without a pillar, does the whole structure collapse?

3. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

As far as I know, you just can't build onto it anymore unless you add another support.

FlameHaze3 likes this.
  4. Wolftrait

Wolftrait Builder Stabber

Bummer about the Overworld. I was really looking forward to it eventually, as long as it took.
    Truth is that for 10 bucks the game as it stands is more than worth it. Plus I'd love to mod this in the future as I'm currently learning how to program. If Overworld never comes into fruition I think a lot of people in the community might in time be able to make it happen. I know I'd love to give a crack at it.

The developers showed me a game I never thought could exist. I'm glad to have been a part of the journey they took. :] I don't know but I doubt that KAG's Overworld is dead. I have a feeling that if not in the future, the community or some other game with the essence of KAG will bring something like the Overworld to life. Mark my words.

5. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

I think anyone from the 'scammed' or 'satisfied' camp who mixes emotions in with this is wrong. You're allowed to think of this as a scam, and you are also allowed to think this is okay. There is no point in argueing over it, it is what it is. Can we just switch back to stuff we can actually conclude instead of this pointless scam-debating?

You moderators and admins, of all, should know better than to keep getting involved into this...

Miauw62 likes this.
  6. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Back on the sky-bridge note, I found out how to make sky-bridges without supports while playing with Chrispin,

:blank::blank::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :blank::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall:

I hope this is a glitch because you can do this forever.

I could write a massive post on how I feel about this game, no picture could explain how much I love this game, I just,
    LOVE THIS GAME!
    I actually don't play any other game, I bought Skyrim, I don't play it, I have a few Cod and all these triple A games, I would rather spend my time on this game.
    If it were not for this community I probably would of left because I would of got bored, but these guys on the forums are just great!
    Good day.

Wolftrait and FlameHaze3 like this.
  7. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

^x10 Also, yeah that glitch is somthing i found before too, hope they fix it, as you have stated it.
    Did you report it to the glitch section?
    Let this be a lesson learned i suck at deleting parts in quotes...
    /facepalm:QQ:

8. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

only like half the devs are cool i feel. geti is the bomb :D. MM is meh cause he posts rarely. jrgp is uhh... whats he do again? over people are cool so yeah >.<
    stills drats on the massive overworld thingy. people can still roleplay it out that so no biggie.
    @ ghozt you bought skyrim before this or after this?

9. Parselord

Parselord Bison Rider

Oh, I thought you could keep building, but after a few secs, the structure you had created would break from the support, something like this:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall:

:down:

:h_rock::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:

:down:

:no::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall: :down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down:

That would be cool.

edson12edson likes this.
  10. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

If the structure has absolutely no support, then it collapses as you expect. But if it has "at least" one pillar, it behaves as thebonesauce stated, i.e. you can't keep building until you add another support pillar.

11. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Indeed can't have it checking for support for every tile all the time.

12. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

So, if you can have one ladder holding a giant castle still, it is just harder to make that happen.

13. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

I just realized how destructive Termite Builders will be.
    [​IMG]

Dark_Ham likes this.
  14. 107zombiekiller

107zombiekiller Catapult Fodder

good news for me
    i dont like going head-on at the enemy so......i dig!

15. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

You need the supports to build, but what happens if you take out the supports afterward? Will it collapse? I have a feeling it would be a bit hard to program, but it could work like this:

:blank::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :blank::castle_wall::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::castle_bg::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::castle_bg:
    :ladder::castle_wall::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::castle_bg::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::castle_bg:
    :blank::castle_wall::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::castle_bg::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::castle_bg:
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:

:blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::hammer:!!!

:blank::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :blank::castle_wall::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::castle_bg:
    :ladder::castle_wall::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::castle_bg:
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:

:blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::no: !!!

:blank::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::h_rock::h_rock::h_rock::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :blank::castle_wall::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::castle_bg:
    :ladder::castle_wall::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::castle_bg:

:blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::thumbs_down: !!!

:blank::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::blank::blank::blank::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :blank::castle_wall::blank::blank::blank::blank::h_rock::castle_bg::stone::blank::blank::blank::blank::castle_bg:

Parselord and MechaTrickster like this.
  16. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

(I just realized that ParaLogia asked the exact same question I was writing right before me XD) Yeah, Beef's going to have to freeze a lot more players on suspicion of greiffing. Will the the bridge collapse slowly, so a builder has a chance to fix it?

I also still sorta stand by my stance that some are being a little harsh on the people complaining. When they read bad news, even with the great promise of modding, their first reaction is probably to make a comment bitching about it. It's simply going to happen, and I just don't see them as the bad guy (I don't see a bad guy period). Lots of people are going to be upset, and some are going to react differently, some will just find it relieving to just complain a little to get it off their chest. I just wish not everyone would immediately jump on them acting like their horrible people (to sum it all up, some people react differently to disappointment then others, and for some it's bitching).

Although nobody go around saying the devs are ripping you off or something, thats just ridiculous. You got a great game for less then a Subway meal, and non of this was ever set in stone (I'm such a hypocrite XD).
    </br>--- merged: Jun 6, 2012 1:32 AM ---</br>
    NOW YOU HAVE TO READ EVERY LAST WORD OF THAT COMMENT, MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

17. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

"Termite builders" (entombers) are kind of more and less dangerous with the supports thing. If you're entombing, you generally have to drop down blocks behind you attached to whatever you're burrowing in - giving it another attachment point. In just about all of the test games, bridges have come down due to wear and tear + good builders targeting weak points (underwater pillars that aren't re-inforced usually) rather than from someone entombing.

If you take out the supports afterwards, the structure stays up. It does not collapse until all of the supports are removed, which helps prevent griefing being way, way too easy, and just generally seems more solid gameplay wise. You can't build outwards from an "unstable" structure at all, you have to go and repair the pillars.

Not gonna be around on the forums to continue answering questions today, got to study for another exam tomorrow... We might be getting the release out tonight if everything goes vaguely to plan so you guys can have a week or so of bridge building while we work on some form of boat/siege extension.

18. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

I should be studying too :p. But thanks for the info Geti.

Also, BOATS! SO EXCITED!

19. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

So, unsupported areas are completely off-limits, building wise? That is, can you repair blocks on an area that lost its supports but hasn't collapsed?

20. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Probably. Maybe I should actually test that.
    </br>--- merged: Jun 6, 2012 4:23 AM ---</br>
    I also adore this game. The only other game I've been playing lately is Super Metroid, and that's only because it's one of my favorites of all time. :D