1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Dedicated server renters

Discussion in 'Server Hosting' started by MM, Jul 6, 2011.

1. IloveElectro

IloveElectro Base Burner

Im french Valkyrie I will talk with you if I go in the same game than you haha =)

2. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

I meant the ones who just blatantly ignore you shouting at them...~

3. IloveElectro

IloveElectro Base Burner

Im sociable me haha =)

4. maltchi

maltchi Shopkeep Stealer

Just got an HGS server and everything regarding the server running is fine. The problem is with their FTP. About 70% of all transfers fail. The connections are extremely slow. I put in a support ticket and i'll see what happens.

5. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Any update on this? I was considering getting a server (not neccessarily them) and weighing my options.

6. maltchi

maltchi Shopkeep Stealer

Well i forgot what they suggested, but i dont even think it had anything to do with the matter...what i figured out really happens is the transfer is successful 100% of the time, but it either times out, or my filezilla client re-transfers the file. Not sure if this is a filezilla issue or their FTP's issue. So let's say im transferring a map over, it will show the file 100% uploaded, but it wont actually "finish". So i just resulted to refreshing the FTP, make sure my file has been uploaded, and then cancel the transfer. Seems to work. So after figuring that out, things are a lot easier. The server's perform pretty well, and ping is pretty good. So if they ever seem to get the FTP issues sorted out (or unless its Filezilla) then everything will be peachy. I would still recommend them, especially for the cheap price.

7. Noburu

Thanks for the reply :D

8. maltchi

maltchi Shopkeep Stealer

Yeah, forget i posted here! So i forgot to update :p But prices are damn cheap compared to other games for slots, its awesome prices. Better than getting a VPN maybe, at least for the prices, depending on the CPU usage of KAG. Which i don't know :D

9. Wolf95

Wolf95 Shopkeep Stealer

Would anybody care to list the features of the Panel? (What can and can't it do?)
    Edit: Screenshot would be good too

10. Noburu

Each server is listed in a expandable/collapsible box. It lists pertinent info like ssh and ftp addresses and user/pass. It is really quite sparse on features. Basically it only has a start/stop server button and a restart button.

Heres a screen shot:
    HostedPanel.png

EDIT: Also been using HostedGameServers for almost a month now, hosting two servers (24 and 12 slot) and they work quite nicely and are relatively easy to use (I was a complete server noob before this).

11. integrii

integrii Shipwright

If there is an outdated config, we always appreciate someone letting us know. We just have to update our game template and everyone in the future will get it.

As for connecting with the port, we only have five IPs per box. Our system does its best to set you at the closest port to default across all of our IPs but sometimes we just cant. In any case, its best to remember to connect with the port always specified.

Noburu likes this.
  12. buster-boy17

buster-boy17 suries gard

want to host a server but whats the website?

13. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Kag2Dservers.com
    Hosted by jrgp (KAG's webmaster).
    KAG servers is the easiest place to rent the best King Arthur's Gold servers. It has free FTP access and instant deployment. It's as simple as choosing the number of slots, paying via paypal, and your server will be started within seconds!

Located in Florida, USA

.60/slot for public, .
    .50/slot for private (​
    USD)​

Apronymous likes this.
  14. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Can you elaborate on the difference between private and public?

15. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Going by common sense, I think he means between a passworded and non-passworded server. (Private being passworded).
    I can guess that the reason private servers are cheaper because there's less overall traffic and people going in and out constantly?
    Edit: Of course, if it means between a Gold (private) or "non-Gold" (public) servers, well, the difference is pretty much the same, except the scale is less noticeable. But generally non-gold servers have a more fluctuating player count (more leavers/joiners than in a gold server).
    [/elaboration]

16. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Would assume, but I'd rather not, since that's something easy to change. It could also mean whether or not it's listed on the KAG server browser, or perhaps something else, either way it's nice to clarify for others coming in as well.

17. jrgp

jrgp THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I don't come here often, but hello everyone :)

This refers to whether or not the server is forced to have a password players use to connect with.

Changing the gold-only setting can be done easily in the admin panel, but that isn't the difference between public/private. The main reason that a private slot type exists is that it looks like all other game renters have a private server option that's slightly cheaper. It isn't cheaper due to less resources or something of that nature; I'm just following a convention. :)

This currently isn't a changeable option in kag; it always will register in the lobby.

18. SirG

SirG Haxor

I've rented a 12 slot server from HGS. It crash after 3-4 minutes every time I start it up. I've waited for 2 days to get a reply from the helpdesk about this, but not a word so far.
    So far I can only recommend that people stay away from HGS.

19. Noburu

I never had any problems from them and they were always very quick to respond to any issues they had. What I DO have a problem with is their price hikes.

20. jrgp

jrgp THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

You might consider trying my hosting instead - http://kag2dservers.com

Apronymous likes this.