1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Dedicated server renters

Discussion in 'Server Hosting' started by MM, Jul 6, 2011.

1. jrgp

jrgp THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

My German servers are now roughly 0.15 cheaper, per slot, which puts them cheaper then HostedGameServers.

2. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

PRICE WAR COMMENCE!

But seriously keep up the good work.

FliesLikeABrick, Awesomec and jrgp like this.
  3. buster-boy17

buster-boy17 suries gard

whats the website to host Austialian servers?.

4. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Mind if I bump?
    Anyway, as many other people, just wondering about a cheap aussie KAG server provider?

5. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I am now offering European servers as well. Check http://hosting.kag2d.nl/ for more info. Donations didn't really seem to work, so hoping to reduce the costs on the server this way :)

Limited offer: 40 slot server for 10€/month.

Beef, Noburu and Razi like this.
  6. HHC_MaggieNoodle

HHC_MaggieNoodle Catapult Fodder

I have a question. Hosting a server from https://kag2dservers.com/. The FTP they have is not working. It doesn't let you actually edit the files, so I cannot make and administrator, and you can't access the console, so you cannot do it through /rcon in the ingame console. It refused to speak with FTP clients as well such as Filezilla, or online clients.
    This is deeeeeply disturbing.

7. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I will try to contact my competitor and tell him about this story. Isn't there any contact email address they have?

8. jrgp

Hello, I have responded to your email. Sorry for the late response.

Apronymous and Noburu like this.
  9. Spr0gs

Spr0gs Shipwright

Hi,

Please add ZeusHosting.com.au for Australian and New Zealand Hosting :)

10. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

Don't use Kag2dservers.com

Support is soooo slow but they have the cheapest slots

11. jrgp

Sorry for the delayed response. I just replied to your email.

12. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

chumindsun@gmail.com

still nothing. Im thinking of upgrading but still no respond. We are upgrading to 20 slots from the current 8

13. SeanAS

SeanAS Meth Addict Donator
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

Can you rent beta servers from KAG servers? In USA.

14. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

Kad2dservers can i think

15. jrgp

Regardless of whether you buy your server from us in the DE or the US, you can reinstall them with the Beta version of kag with a single click if you want.

https://kag2dservers.com

LucasTT and VanHuek like this.
  16. SeanAS

SeanAS Meth Addict Donator
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

Okay, thanks jrgp!

17. PainGiver

PainGiver Arsonist

Just would like to recommend a host that I just recently discovered. They are called BlueVM, they offer cheap vps packages which allow you to run what ever you want(Full Root). You can decide if you want OpenVZ or KVM, both are very cheap. KVM is best, since it doesn't share any resources such as OpenVZ it does.

They have IRC live support, meaning you can contact a staff member via IRC instead of submitting a ticket(Which is awesome!).

I do not recommend any of these hosts that were posted; mainly because I had to suffer myself with two of the hosts that are listed: Hostedgameservers & Frostbite. Do yourself a favor, and get a VPS with KVM virtualization with BlueVM, you will realize it is the best choice you have ever made for deciding who should host your server.

I've tested this host with their KVM4 package, and the KAG server shows no errors and runs smoothly. They currently only offer packages within US, so for Europeans this may not be the best option for a kag server but most definitely the best if you want a server in America. For $10 you can get a 2gb server and you could run probably 4-5 kag servers with how ever many slots you want, unlike with the hosters that are listed(most of the hosts above charge by per slots, major ripoff!).

If you are looking at their website and it says nothing is available, send them a ticket to request a package. They are having minor issues with the packages updating on the website, so when it says there isn't anything available, there is. BlueVM is currently fixing this issue, and it should be resolved soon. Get your own VPS package here, and stop wasting your hard earned money on hosts that are corrupt.​

18. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Any particular issue with Hostedgameservers or Frostbite that you would care to mention?

19. jrgp

VanHuek, Near373 and LucasTT like this.
  20. PainGiver

PainGiver Arsonist

Main issue is they charge by player slots, while with a vps it is cheaper, and you can control: player slots(or per server packages), server amount(Host 1 server per 512mb ram, so with 2 gbs you could host 4), and just overall complete control of your server(s) without paying excess money to a reseller like the hosts above.