1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Deflecting arrows

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by PeggleFrank, Aug 30, 2015.

1. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Base Burner

I accidentally slashed a bomb arrow and sent it straight up. It was still oriented the same way, but it went straight into the air and then exploded at the apex of its trajectory. It saved a bridge attached to my team's main wall, perhaps saving us the game because we had ballistas on it.

Is this a glitch, or is there a hidden frame-perfect maneuver to deflect arrows? I'd love to look into this further but bomb arrows don't fly around regularly enough for me to practice effectively.

EDIT: Whoops, sorry. I keep forgetting to put these in the correct subforum.

SirDangalang and jimmyzoudcba like this.
  2. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

It is possible. I believe it's 'designed' like that, cause I have done it way more than once:wink:

PeggleFrank likes this.
  3. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

I've also done this unintentionally but felt that it's more of an buggy odd quirk that happens randomly than a mechanic that you pull off given enough practice.

However kag has surprised me before with the tactics that are developed from stuff like this, so who knows? :wink:
    (Shudders in fear from keg hadoukens :eek:)

Also the archer equivalent is deflecting a bomb thrown at you by shooting it away with a regular arrow. Always feel like a badass when I pull that off but it happens so rarely.
    :bow::rekt::bird::bomb:

4. It's probably a bug because it's extremely inconsistent

5. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

Not really.
    If I have little lag I can do this kinda consistently (about one in three times in an actual fight, because it's still a risky move, but about one in two if I'm prepared)
    It just doesn't work at all if your ping is greater than 100 or so.

6. Well, record yourself deflecting them consistently and I'll believe it

7. _Cuffs_

_Cuffs_ Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I've noticed this happening pretty often but I highly doubt it's an intended feature. It's way to buggy looking to actually be a feature.