1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[denied] LordPumpkin

Discussion in 'Archive' started by LordPumpkin, Aug 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordPumpkin

LordPumpkin Bison Rider

Ty guys for all the suport and if i stuff up or no one can understand me kick me from admin but i dont see ive done anything wrong to not be one yet
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 17, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 17, 2015 ---
    Ty guys for all the surport and the constructive criticism and i hope that all that will become to make me a better player and what im trying to say is dont asume that everyone that is at a young age is immature but o gotta tell you guys so,ething i might not be a shinning eggs-amble of a very mature lad but i cant spell good il work on that i no all the admin rules so i dont see why i should not have a chance

frostsythe13 and kittycity like this.
  2. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Gotta say I want to +1 you, but im gonna have to stay neutral. I feel that you are a little too young to take the full force of an official server into your hands (not that I am discriminating your age, but I truly feel that it is too you) and that your not ask active on the forums as I would like. I still don't wan to give you a -1 though. I'm not trying to put you down Pumpkin and I wish you luck in your admin application.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
    Graver likes this.
  3. Since when is age a factor in deciding whether or not he should be admin? its like deciding who should be admin based on the applicant's gender or race; its discrimination and the same thing is happening here. If you were deciding who will be admin, would you pick someone on the basis that they were male, or white? no you wouldn't, and age is no different. Age is not an indicator of maturity, and should not be used as one, as many primary school kids are far more mature than most teens/adults. @Mariox222 , @Solaris , @LazikLion , @neil58 , @Snake19 , @link6155, @eragon200012 you all said he was either immature or too young, based on the fact he is 11 years old, which is discrimination by age. So I suggest you apologize to @LordPumpkin, reword your reasons so that his age has no part in your decision, and next time make sure what you write on someone's admin app or irl when your deciding who to hire, don't use age, gender, race, nationality, etc as the basis for your reasons. Also, stop picking on him for his bad English, thats just being plain mean.

*To those i tagged, don't take what i just said personally, your opinions are as valid as anyone elses, i just wanted to make the point that age shouldn't be used to determine maturity or be a deciding factor in an application*

Anyway, even though he isn't as mature as most people, LordPumpkin has the capability and experience to be admin, and the fact he is already admin on 7 servers, makes him a worthy admin to have. In my opinion he would be a better admin than some admin we currently have.

A definite +1.

If anyone else chooses to make a +1/-1 post here, please leave LordPumpkin's age out of it, its not important or necessary and shouldn't be used to influence your decision.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    butterscotch, PUNK123 and kittycity like this.
  4. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

To be honist.... I would go... +1, he is a good person, fun to be with.

5. Mariox222

Mariox222 Arsonist
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Only grown up man (past 18 year old) can make a good admin. We kids/teenagers dont think the same and often take personal opinions into judges, and amins that do that will adjust judges to himself instead of being 100% objective

6. You will be surprised then at the number of good admins who are 17 years old or younger.

CowboyDan likes this.
  7. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Pft There are guys here who will chug vodka as they play and at random ban people who they don't like the look of. One advantage of Pumpkin is he can't access drink.

Dragonop, Tern, butterscotch and 4 others like this.
  8. Ive seen this many times, and its amusing to watch.

9. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Personally, I never talked about his age.
    I play quite often with him and when he speaks I feel that he lacks maturity.
    The formulation of his sentences is for me not worthy of an admin because his manner of speaking is not developed enough.
    (look at the quote has sent @Solaris, he talks like that ingame.)

He often makes a lot of spelling errors and typos which can be a inconvenient for people who do not speaks a fluent English.

Regarding his servers experience . He is a admin on Baron's servers, true.
    But Baron's servers recruiting more people who are "sympathetic" than people who have a real experience in administration.

I consider the Black Death servers as a true experience of the administration. (Even if one or two BD servers admins do a lot of abuse.)
    Many admins of the black death servers (like Medi and lawrence) are very experienced and they always work because the server is full. In this instance this is not the case of Baron's servers! There is much less administration on this server because there are rarely any players on it . (If we do not make the effort to go on it, first.)

The rules of official servers are not to be taken lightly.
    I even printed them, to be sure to not make mistakes, and I have highlighted paragraphs.
    I can tell you that there are 4 pages of A4 sheets.

I'm sorry but I stay on my mind.
    This is not a job for LordPumpkin.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
    DatNobby and Mariox222 like this.
  10. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

Also some admins that are kids / teens are good since they have more freetime and dont have full time jobs.

Stevedog likes this.
  11. I never said he was mature, i said people shouldn't use his age as an indicator for his maturity. Also, even though his spelling and grammar isn't very good, it still doesn't mean he shouldn't be admin.

12. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Seriously Punk you have something against me and the AG? You ALWAYS have something to reproach to me or the AG. Its getting boring.

- Unlike Pumpkin is not my main language.
    - When I made spelling mistakes I correct them in the next sentence with a small asterisk.
    - I made a kag Break indeed. I have the right to take vacation?
    (i do the both kag break and vacation in somewhere in France)

Yeah i know :)

13. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

You got to give it to pumpkin he is a great way to get community involvement.

Stevedog likes this.
  14. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

+0

Pumpkin is a mysterious player in KAG and I don't know much about him, he seems to be okay when being an admin on my server.

Though the server hasn't had much activity recently and I've not seen him sort any griefers out so I cannot recommend him, but I cannot say "don't make him admin" either.

Snake19 likes this.
  15. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

ugh i have nothing against AG# and my whole point in this post is to treat everyone the same way. You have admin even with your language barrier(in his case some grammar mistakes or spelling) so why does it count against this person. It isnt difficult to tell someone to stop greifing and explain what they did wrong(even if the sentence structure is abit flawed). I do not believe ive ever criticized AG#(but i have criticized some of the members for being shitters yourself included). Im making a point about EVERYONE from the last admin batch so stop acting like i am only targeting you(its called criticizing and it is justified)

16. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

You realize that what you said does not make sense. Because AG = all who encompasses AG so it's members too x)

17. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

If you read my post correctly I did not just state that he is not mature. I gave plenty of reasons which seem to have been disregarded, because people can only complain about the comments about how mature he is.

To be fairly honest, if you didn't look at his age, the actions are immature as well, a fair bit of the time.

Now can we stop discriminating about age, and also look at everything else. Because at the moment, most people here who have +1'd have said age doesn't matter and didn't give a proper reason.

Or maybe I'm just doing what others have done to those who have -1'd.

Either way, please look at the full details that people have said and do not disregard them and say that those comments are all based on age.

Dragonop, Tern, DatNobby and 5 others like this.
  18. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

I can assure you, Punk gives shit to people outside of AG as much as people in AG.

19. Solaris

Solaris Batlord Sliftensnurgh Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

Again I have to repeat myself. He asked for my reasons, and I gave them to him. He then showed me he couldn't take any constructive criticism at all after sending that message.

Stevedog likes this.
  20. My Bad Toffie, i re-read your post and realized what you said.

Yet Solaris you -1 him because he was 11, as shown by the quote you gave. That shows that you think hes not suitable because of his age, which was what i was getting at in my above post.

icemusher likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.