1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[denied] LordPumpkin

Discussion in 'Archive' started by LordPumpkin, Aug 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solaris

Solaris Batlord Sliftensnurgh Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

And then if you keep reading the same post you will find that wasn't the only reason I don't think hes suitable for an official admin roll.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  2. Atheon

Atheon Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I'm sure that every opinion here is very honest towards @LordPumpkin but look here Pumpkin these facts and figures will truly help you out not only that they will benefit you and significantly improve you so e.g. the next time you were to reapply for admin you would be fully geared by then.

Look everyone lacks in something so don't lose hope there's always a way to fixing it and I also posted admin app too, what @Solaris did was he pointed out the things I needed to improve on --- (This is in my app post).

I was glad @Solaris was being honest there now this benefited me alot so from there I could focus and Improve on things I lacked upon, well all I'm trying to say is Pumpkin take note of what I said, It might help you out in the near future.

The reason I gave him +1 is overall Pumpkin is a great guy, he would do great as admin because he had other good qualities besides the one he was lacking on, now look not every admin can be perfect but I reckon still Pumpkin has the potential of becoming admin.

Thanks once again and all the best Pumpkin.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2015
    icemusher and Stevedog like this.
  3. FEARKING

FEARKING Catapult Fodder

+1 good job on your thread, i hope u get to be admin.

4. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

iirc, it just kinda happened and we let it be. The -1 and +1 make it easier to get a feel for the community's feelings towards someone. That said there was a requirement that people posting a -1 explain themselves; and it would be helpful if those who posted +1 also explained their reasons some. No, we don't just add them up; they are simply there as an aid to us getting a better feel for the candidate in question.
    ---

Also, fwiw people, ageism is lame, guys. It's definitely relevant info that would be good to have from the get-go; but I know a fair number of 12YOs who act like they're in their 20s and an even greater number of 20YOs who act like they've not yet hit puberty. So, sure, it's important; but neither is it a make-or-break factor. Give it a rest.

5. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

Who's this, -1.
    Age isn't a factor (I was 13 when I became an admin) However there has been plenty of applications of younger members of this community (@startselect3 , @DUCK-MAN or @Ozminer) who think they're mature enough to hold the position of being an admin, however they're obviously not (Read over your OP)

Quick PSA to everyone applying, but the role you're applying for is representing isn't just for any server, it's the Official KAG Server, and you're representing all of THD, there is no room for fuck ups.

I do applaud you for having a go @LordPumpkin, but you're just not ready for this position.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  6. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Something copied from a chat on steam:
    (There was a lot more hate, just took the last sentence).

Honostly, most people do not appreciate being bullied and yelled at etc. Especially for something as simple as sharing their thoughts where thoughts are meant to be shared. Or being guilt talked, or bullied to get someones way.

Pumpkin, can I suggest you stop bullying all those who -1 you.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  7. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I've been talking to him on steam here and there and I still am saying he's not ready. The problem I think that will arise is that he won't know how to handle trolls. As an admin or anyone with a higher status you'll get plenty of hecklers no matter how nice you are. These people are very few and far, but their voices can get to your head pretty easily if you don't know how to do deal with them. I feel like LordPumpkin isn't ready to deal with such situation or represent KAG at this time, however he might be better suited in a few years.

Tern and DatNobby like this.
  8. Graver

Graver Haxor

Look what you have done, you selfish faggots...

And now for real-who the hell is this guy. He quit because didnt get admin?

9. Graver

Graver Haxor

Not sure what to say about that. Cry or laugh?

10. LordPumpkin

LordPumpkin Bison Rider

Well ty so much for the surport graver and sry i did not read it corectly andthis will be my last post from now on i will be M.I.A

11. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

If you had any chance of becoming an admin, that's all gone now. This is what I was referring to when I said you wouldn't be able to handle hecklers. There will be people who hate you irrationally, you just have to know how to deal with them. Don't quit KAG because you didn't become an official admin or because there are people who dislike you. This is the internet, probably the most unforgivable place in the universe, either accept it or don't. The truth is there are people like this everywhere, leaving KAG won't change that one bit. Just keep moving on and perhaps try reapplying for moderating within a few years.

12. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

+1, good guy, seems older then 11 when you play with him, nice guy, had fun with you .3.

13. LordPumpkin

LordPumpkin Bison Rider

so if I get admin I will be happy but if I don't I will take it easy and learn from my mistakes so ty all for the support and all the constructive criticism

Tern likes this.
  14. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I hope that proves true as I'm not going to accept you.
    I don't think that you'd do well with stress or being pushed to the limit by that one troll on the server. As an admin you have to be level-headed. You should consider this application and what people said in it as a way to improve yourself.

So once again, denied.

Blue_Tiger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.