1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Derp Free server!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by amuffinattack, Jun 22, 2012.

1. amuffinattack

amuffinattack Bison Rider

Well with the influx of players everywhere it feels that even gold servers have become noob heaven! Being new isn't a bad thing, but in such an intensely team based game a player not knowing what they are doing can hinder the team, sometimes even crippling them. At one point gold meant we could all get on a server and most people there would know what they are doing. You could rely on most of them to do what needed to be done, sadly this is no longer true. Everyone does need to start somewhere and most of these people will learn in time but for now we would like to create a place where good players can come together and have epic matches free of the noobish actions of others! Hopefully create a server the new players will try to get better to be a part of to fight this war with the best King Arthur has to offer.

What we purpose is the have a whitelisted pros only server hosted by [!]Action with no password. This will be kind of a big undertaking in terms of typing out every damned name…which will be a lot. We want a server that will be whitelisted but still have a large enough community to not be empty frequently. I have a few names in mind (almost, if not everyone, from the old pros only) and a few others who have stood out in games I have played recently. With these people I am hoping they will help me in deciding who else should join. What I had in mind was a system of one person proposes another and a total of 3 people (not including proposer) have to agree on that person. I have made a group that I will begin inviting people to and kick start this project. Please do not ask to be invited to the pros only. This will not work. If you are good enough to stand out or at the very least prove yourself competent at the game you will probably be invited at some point. To keep the community clear of the scubby sort we will also have a 4 vote out. If a players actions are deemed poor enough they can be voted out by the same system that voted them in just with an extra vote. Keep in mind that, though unlikely, you may be removed at any time with or without the possibility of a re-invite. If you have been removed and do not understand why or would like to appeal see number 7 below.

Most of these “rules” can be changed and I am very open to suggestions on making this all work smoother. As of right now it is my self (Amuffinattack) and Blitzkrieg99 who will be working on the whitelist. Contact me for information, suggestions ect. on the forums.

I will repost this in the group thread that I have made but I will go over them here for any aspiring Pros to consider.

1. Griefing will not be tolerated in any form (even off of the pros only server). If you are caught griefing it is no second chances. The admins will listen and determine whether you are truly greifing or not and if you are determined to be a greifer you will be removed from the whitelist.

2. No major trolling. By this I mean no in game trolling. It may not be greifing but it’s still god damned annoying.

3. Swearing is allowed per the current admins discretion. By this I mean no flaming, If the current admins tell you to stop, stop. (This will probably never happen unless you are mega trolling someone and they won’t shut up about it…which will probably end in both parties getting a short ban)

4. If you are frozen and accused of something please talk with the admins. Not speaking ends in a perma ban no questions asked. If you won’t even explain your actions they are not good ones.

5. Do not argue, swear at, or belittle the admins while you are frozen and being accused of something! This never ends well and most admins don’t even want to deal with greifing, hackers, glitchers ect. so having a bad attitude about it will make the admin more likely to give out a harsher punishment(even if there was not going to be on in the first place). This could end in a perma or short ban depending on the admin who you spoke back to.

6. Don’t whine guys. Sometimes, even here, your team will do poorly and frustrate you but we need to keep a level head and not make a scene.

7. If you feel you were unfairly ban or kicked don’t panic! Let me know and I will work things out if possible. (If everything works I will make a thread in the server section for these things)

8. No glitching! By glitching I mean anything that wasn't intended in the games mechanics! Shooting through tiles, flying, squeezing ect. Also no space tiles! tiles on the very top of the map is a no-no, not a strict rule but please lets be courteous and allow the other plays to see our actions!

This whole project is still in the works. The server won’t be up for a few days a least because we want to make sure we have a big enough player base for it to even be effective. Keep checking in to see the progress if you’re interested in our server. Once we get the community set up I will pull some people aside to make the best choices for the whole on how the server should be set up( map size, number of lives, types of shops, types of maps ect. ect.)

Well I hope everyone is interested and willing to help get this server off the ground! I shall meet all of you in the field of battle. Even in war friends can be foes. I will not hold back and I expect the same of you!

Edit: this damned thing doesn't want to save my indents and spacing!

I3lue, Kyzak, Riletyface and 37 others like this.
  2. Bookmark

Bookmark Haxor

Finally, a server to get away from all the premium griefers.
    Secretly known as Project - No Fags. I'll probably suck balls on this server.
    Get owned by xXx420xMLGXnosc0pex4rr0VV5ev4xXx all day, erryday.

Also, wouldn't this be more suited for the 'Servers' forum (unless you're trying to get attention)? :p

3. amuffinattack

I wanted to get attention first, get interest because this server does come down to the players. Since it will be "private" we will need a large group to start with. If it all works well I was going to make a post in the server section for ban appeals and what not.

delankski likes this.
  4. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Sounds cool, lucky for you my name is relatively short.

Anyway, I probably wouldn't play on a server like this all the time, sometimes it is fun to hop on the servers that new players just gravitate to. (California) I don't know what it is, but Cali servers are a haven for that type of stuff.

I also wish you luck, that's a lot of names to be included.

Edit: 800th post, woop, party whatever...

delankski likes this.
  5. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Sweet, surprised something like this hasn't happened already, but there's certainly enough players for it to work by now. Got a reason to play a little more regularly now and get up to some sort of decent standard actually playing the game, rather then just debating theory in the forums :p

6. amuffinattack

We wouldn't expect people to play on it all the time. It is just going to be there for people when they do wish to play on it...as long as it stays active.

We did have one once before but it was passworded and we didn't have the largest group back then but KAG has gained a lot of new members and I've seen some raising stars from the new gaggle.

7. Knighthart

Knighthart is love Donator

Nice to have this back.
    Though I won't be able to play the next week, I hope we can get many good fights out of it this time.

8. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

I am interested to know where this server is being hosted, will us aussie pros be able to play on it with much lag?

9. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

This sounds great. Let me think of a few pros (heh) and cons right off the bat.
    Pros:
    1. Don't have to deal with the stupid stuff that unskilled players might do, including derp buildings
    2. Almost guaranteed no griefing/hacking (who would throw away their membership of something so great?)
    3. You can test your true skills weighted against those of higher caliber
    4. Pros will be able to evolve their gameplay within this better environment
    Cons:
    1. Might serve to further stratify the community
    2. Some people may be circumvented by the voting/whitelist method--people in different time zones
    3. The ping may not be sufficient to accommodate people from all around
    4. If word is not spread enough, newbies probably will never hear of this, and probably won't "try to get better to be a part of" this
    Solutions (?):
    Most of these cons can be solved. (1) As long as pros don't spend all of their time on the pro server, newbies will still be exposed to skilled players. It also helps if they more people are active on the Forum. (2) Better start of with people from all around the globe, including America, Australia, Asia, Poland/other Euro, and everything between. Hopefully these people will serve as good scouts for talent in their own regions. (3) I'm not sure how the ping issue may be dealt with. (4) Better spread the word pretty well.;)

Further thoughts:
    I wasn't part of the first pros server, and I don't know if I will be part of this one, but there are a few things I wonder about how events will unfold. How cooperative will players be? Will many people just go on Rambo streaks (perhaps only to find that doing so is much more difficult, or even impossible, now)? It would be interesting to observe these interactions.

tl;dr NOPE. READ THE WHOLE THING--I CAN'T SUMMARIZE IT.

Ghozt likes this.
  10. Evan5567

Evan5567 Shark Slayer
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Sounds like a good idea...​

11. DawnOfNights

DawnOfNights Shopkeep Stealer

I liked the idea, until i saw the 'no major trolling' part, then i was like meh.
    Still, it would be fun to fight against those of nearly the same skill, not that I am saying you aren't as good (but I actually am :P)
    I don't think i need to beg for admittance, it is below my standards :rollseyes:
    I shall expect to be whitelisted as soon as it opens, and no, I was not asking you, I was telling you.

12. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

Well aren't you humble? But the server seems to be a great idea. Playing with people that actually know what they're doing.

13. amuffinattack

Well those of us who are going to run it won't be on it all the time. It is going to be only a 48 slot server. I am not asking everyone to play on it all the time. It is just there for people who do want to play on it at that time. As for people from other regions concerned about lag...We really can't do much for them. We are going to host it Via Raynes server sets which I think are east coast america (Virginia I think). They are all welcome but I mean unless they wish to get another server closer to them we can't do much for them.

No matter what sever you are on not every team will work well together. Wrong mix of play styles, wrong mix of class types even then sometimes the other team is just "better". This server is more about creating a large group of capable players not really the "best of the best". Pros only is just a fun name to help convey the idea of the utopian server we want to create.

Edit: This was all aimed at paralogia...I had quotes...But they had a mind of their own and quoted everything like mad quotes...So i ditched them.

14. Azeal

Azeal Catapult Fodder

This makes me remember rdm servers, which is why I managed to become a pretty decent player...
    Sounds cool.

15. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

What do you mean by pro? like what is a good player? someone who kills the enemy a lot? makes good, helpful buildings? is able to grab the flag and go?
    it might be a nice idea to let some of those noobs we see flying around as a try once now if your good you might play again.. if they screw up.. not like you he'll ever be seen there.
    heh just a suggestion. not like ill ever get on here.. im one of those 'K' players. tho i stay on for a long time

16. amuffinattack

My post above this explains most of that toast. We are already tossing around ideas for getting new members including a day or something we open it to everyone to help boost interest and people who are involved.

Azeal likes this.
  17. Azeal

Azeal Catapult Fodder

I would love to see this happen..... if I was lucky enough to get in. Who knows, a few rounds of a 1.5 kd ratio on MOLE or Rayne's servers like I've been doing on a regular basis might be enough. Even if I don't, I totally understand why something like this is good to have.

18. amuffinattack

This is going very well so far. We have gotten around 100 people and I feel that is enough to get the servers up. Names will continue to be added over time. We are getting lots of votes so if you've not been chosen yet you still have plenty of time.

19. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I don't think Aussies Lagg to much on American servers, now it's never going to be as goods 0-66 ping, it's manageable and fun, and with Australia only having one dedicated server I personally have to resort to American servers, a likes of Mole and Raynes server which are well set outans with great mods and settings.
    Just to prove this I can get a 8-1 almost everytime on the California servers. (they attract really new or bad players?)

Also good to see this coming together, if we had more servers on Australia something like this could be done but as of now s not plausible.
    TL;DR Aussies can cope with Lagg, Americans have better set out servers, I get good kd's agaisnt newbies.

~from my iPod

20. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

we got 99 people and a derp aint one

AnRK and Rayne like this.