1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Derp Free server!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by amuffinattack, Jun 22, 2012.

1. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

A server for non-derps... but the server itself is a derp. Seems legit :rollseyes:

2. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

That depends where you are living. As mentioned above, Rayne is hosting this server in Virginia (US) so if you are living in ex: Europe, you wouldn't get that good ping anyway. Nothing to do with the quality of the server, rather the location of it.

3. amuffinattack

amuffinattack Bison Rider

We could always just say you're location is derp not the server :P

cleggy and KnightGabe13 like this.
  4. Maverick

Maverick Haxor

The server ping is significantly higher than the ping you actually see when you join... at least that's how it is for me (and it happened to Jerloch as well).

5. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

If you actually read the things FLAB has been posting you'd know that the server browser is rather inaccurate with pings.
    I use FLAB's server box, so I'm sure the server is not that bad.

KnightGabe13 likes this.
  6. Yeah, the server plays relatively smoothly. I mean, I'm in Australia and this server is in America, so lag is expected on my behalf. Despite the location difference I'm able to have some really fun games. In some of the smaller games (6-8 people) where the others have good ping (a constant 33-66) my ping is actually the best I can get on an American server, which is usually somewhere around 166. So, I don't understand why the server's getting hate. Then again, these days haters are the new fans, so thanks for the support guys!

7. ravenguard19

ravenguard19 Bison Rider

Server for pros? meh I need a server for uber pros. It would be too easy to play with the current "mr. pro guys" league ;)

8. CoD

CoD Haxor

Unfortunately though alot of people that have posted in this thread would whinge like shit when they're not invited.

justi01 likes this.
  9. amuffinattack

Derpfree(formerly pros only) is now open for everyone! Its early so i doubt it will fill up for a few more hours.

justi01 likes this.
  10. Azeal

Azeal Catapult Fodder

DAMMIT The one day this weekend where I'm busy T_T

11. amuffinattack

Its open all weekend.

Azeal likes this.
  12. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

cleggy, justi01, Contrary and 2 others like this.
  13. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Actually, the music fits it really well. It's really good having the KAG sounds in the background & everyone running about setting up while there's upbeat music playing --> makes the whole thing feel like it's building up to something exciting. Maybe next time keep the music running until build-time is over & then turn it off as the red zone vanishes? :)

MCrypa and Contrary like this.
  14. Azeal

Azeal Catapult Fodder

:D Thanks for the news muffin. Will definitely be on the next couple days, hopefully I make a good enough impression to get in. I think I get along well with quite a few good players on MOLE (or Rayne's stuff), I like running with Beef and kicking ass :P

15. amuffinattack

I missed the whole weekend! I got my new god damned computer that I have been trying to get up and running for MONTHS NOW. I put the windows disc in and start installing windows. Step outside because it sounds like the world is ending. I look to my left and a tree smashes down onto a car about 50 yards away, trash cans are making breaks for freedom. Wind blowing like I have never seen before go back inside...powers out. It stays out for 3 days with 90-100 temps. I gotta tell you guys....shitty time....shitty time. How did the open weekend go?

16. Azeal

Azeal Catapult Fodder

Most of the times I got on the number of people on was <10 :/ So a 3v3 or 3v2 isn't very exciting, because it's so predictable. One group puts up wall, and the other group attacks it. Whichever team has the better builder wins.
    Still, a couple times the teams were pretty full, and it was fun.

cleggy likes this.
  17. TheWids

TheWids Haxor

wait how does one get in? do we go in and then get evaluated? or do we get invited? or what? so many ways, i just want in.

Edit: I will consult the IRC

18. Derschlact

Derschlact FIRE AT WILL! Donator

I'm pretty sure you were only able to be invited and whitelisted before the server actually was on the browser

19. TheWids

TheWids Haxor

so im screwed now?

20. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

No. You just need 3 people who are already in to vote you in, by proving that you are awesome.
    We have our own group thread and convo.