1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Dev Peek: Boat and Room Art and Discussion

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocker2

rocker2 Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

When will you add mounts :(

Attached Files:

2. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

Oh jeebus, I can image some serious quarter-rushing for that, and some gigantic complexes full of beds, especially if servers get a little larger for WAR mode. Also, question, earlier it was mentioned that food will replace tickets to be required to spawn, is this still the case with the beds?

Also, the boats looks fantastic. Really, I'm so happy to see multiple kinds and possible a larger ship. If the larger ship gets in, it would be a damn shame to see people NOT make ship-battle maps and servers with only water.

Really, the only way to make it better would be to add giant airships and rideable dinosaurs. Very rarely does a game get awesome enough for me to say that.

3. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yes, giant airships and ridable dinosaurs would be quite epic honestly. I would be riding dinosaurs all day long, and flying on massive airships like a boss. Or riding on a dinosaur thats riding an airship. :B

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@ReactorCore: no worries; herbal medicine isn't a bad idea.

@Cleggy: You make a demolition ship by putting kegs on a standard boat, no need for a special one ;)

@Ala-Gold: yes, they cause injury, they're intended to keep pesky knights out.

@Gofio: As I said (but maybe not 100% clearly) - most room types have some default functionality built in, like the nursery built into every agriculture room - it needs to be upgraded to have a larder.
    The second boat has a sail because it's speedy. The other ones are powered by rowing alone.

@Hella: Of course, I've made emblems for 4/8 possible teams, I'm wondering if we need more or not. They are currently Blue Eagle, Red Bear, Green Stag, Purple Bison. Can't have those filthy reds dressing under a figurehead of our noble guardian. Blue master race.

@SirPixelot: We'd love to fit airships in, but we're finding ourselves increasingly strapped for time at the moment, so it might have to wait until after release.

@8x: Trust me, the boats look best like this in-game. It is a very straight side-on view, but when something rotates like these boats and the siege engines do, it needs to be drawn side-on so that it doesn't appear to "twist" when rotated.
    Yes, structures for hiding behind are planned, especially for pesky archers to cower in.

@Rocker2: It is very likely, jrgp runs those though, so I can't guarantee it'll happen quickly.

@GloriousToast: Banned from making puns for 5 days, effective immediately, on pain of complaint from everyone ;)

@"please to pirate hats" - yeah yeah.

@Rocker2: Mounts will come when we get time for them, which is not this time around. You get boats and pilotable siege weapons instead. I'm not sure how you feel ripped off when you get a catapult that can do wheelies.

@DrZaloski: that's the plan, we want to encourage actual _castle_ building. Food is still required to spawn in, quarters are required for a forward, prompt spawn. The food requirement means the minecrafters at your base are actually doing you good, assuming they dont farm the food and then put it in the sea or wear it on their heads (I've seen stupider). As I said, airships might happen later (I've got a few sprites lying around) but will probably miss this release. No dinosaurs ;)

MooCowMan, xChapx, norill and 7 others like this.
  5. rocker2

rocker2 Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

I don't feel ripped off, I am actually really excited for this update!
    Thanks for the extremely difficult work the kag team are doing, I have watched someone doing code, and I don't understand how you can do it for 5 minutes :3

Mulpy likes this.
  6. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

is it just me or am I the only one who get lag spikes almost every time i' am just about to die

7. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

Is it wrong I fapped to this? o.o

8. I'm not sure. I think it might be paddles. Equivalent to that of an old river steam boat?

9. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I am happy now. :D
    If you do manage to fit that in on a next possible update... maybe you should also add in more minerals like copper, iron, silver, coal. For the airships, siege weapons, arrows, so on and so forth. Im not trying to pull minecraft into this... but It won't hurt.

10. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Hopefully we get something where we can use builders to BUILD onto boats. Sort of like a puzzle, but able to keep increasing the height and length and depth of a boat.

xChapx and Beef like this.
  11. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Physics or gravity wouldn't allow that bro. xD
    But still.. would be cool.

12. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

Looks awesome. I can't wait to get freaky on those new boats, especially the one with the mounted crossbow.
    And the landing spikes on the covered launch are pretty damn sweet. The artwork on these things are amazing.

13. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

You know what would be awesome...
    Ship upgrades / Repair Ships
    What is needed is a Ship Yard. Which is separate to the carpentry shop.
    You can make ships there and such.
    There's a separate ship from the rest which is a builders ship which is just a boat for just builders so they can fix up ships if needed and upgrades if you got the wood and stone.
    So your most basic ship is the log raft. Then you can upgrade to the Dinghy then the rest of the ships. :P

I think thats a good idea. c:

14. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

Well, dinosaurs are but a distance dream, but are secondary to airships. Great to see there is actually a chance of them getting in :D

15. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Airships are a thing of the future. :D

16. If green has a stag, purple should have a honey badger.

just sayin'

ParaLogia and Hella like this.
  17. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

I must say this is one of the more awesome development updates I have seen. Awesome enough to make me come back and reply on the forum. The only thing more awesome would be indeed, dinosaurs. With top hats. And monocles.

18. maplelord

maplelord Shipwright

I got a questions about boats firstly will ally boats be able to go through each other or there will be boat bridges and lots of boat traffic secondly, how will you get on boats? as in will you just Jump on the boats or will you press E and there's a seat slot so you won't go overboard thirdly will it possible to get on enemy boats and hi-jack the boat?
    and lastly how will you move boats, will you have some sort of vehicle with wheels to carry it or will player just carry it and once it's placed it will be unpickable because if it still pickable..... *spash* griefers will be killers...

19. MINIMAN

MINIMAN Shark Slayer

You could just ram through your enemies?

20. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

hmmm.. maybe every team should be based on the developers and administrators?
    a crown, an eagle, a flying brick, etc?
    would be pretty awesome.
    </br>--- merged: Oct 24, 2012 12:18 PM ---</br>
    I want a better strawhat.
    </br>--- merged: Oct 24, 2012 12:20 PM ---</br>
    If dinosaurs are officially added, Ill suicide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.