1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Deynarde & Joan of Arc's Knight Compendium

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Eluded, Jan 27, 2017.

1. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

@Eluded @Cohen will there be a builder and archer compendium?

Magmus likes this.
  2. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

A trick I like to do as knight: following a retreating player who's opening doors instead of trying to take him: getting inside the flag room, adn exiting it:
    https://youtu.be/NPkois7Uz3c?t=315

Also, I haven't seen the "if the enemy is at your right, charge the slash going leftwards (cursor at the left so your character faces the left side) to release rightwards (charging backwards makes you move slower)" trick most of the good knights repeat over and over.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    TheFlare likes this.
  3. Cohen

Cohen Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni Tester

Oh yes, these tricks are worth mentioning. We'll update the compendium.

4. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

Also add slashing bomb bolts.

epsilon and Cohen like this.
  5. Cohen

It would be fun, but I need more experience in those classes to write one. I'm sure there are expert archers and builders who know a lot more.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    Eluded likes this.
  6. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

For movement, you didn't include the ability to jump off a wall and glide back to it to gain an extra block of height.

I could maybe do an archer one.

7. Auky

Auky Catapult Fodder

Thanks for the credit and for the amazing guide!

franek123 likes this.
  8. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Let's try to keep the one good thread on the forum on-topic. Some posts deleted.

I haven't been able to perform the blitz crouch. Is it necessary for the enemy to have their back against the wall? And I don't really get how to keep yourself from bouncing back from the shield stun. Holding down doesn't seem to work. Do I have to make sure that I let go of [W] earlier or something?

mcrifel and franek123 like this.
  9. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

This is all really great stuff, I always forget about crouching.

10. Hospitalizer

Hospitalizer Shopkeep Stealer

no info on art of stomping? i know u can side stomp form side ways facing tramp by hitting up then shield down right be befor contact with the enemy

11. Eluded

Eluded Haxor Official Server Admin

You should only bounce off the enemy if they are also shield sliding. The move is easiest if the enemy is backed against a wall yes, but is possible in a narrow corridor or if they are shielding and moving towards you.

By the way - we are hitting the character limit of 25,000 characters when trying to add new stuff to the post. Is there anything you can do about that as a moderator? Can the character limit be raised? Or can you maybe insert a post in the thread under our first one so that we can spread it over more than 1 post?

12. Auky

Auky Catapult Fodder

You can do it a couple of ways, but the most effective way would be with the wall (or else you may just end up shield bashing them. So you will have to bash them into the wall and quickly stop and hold (s) down so they fall into you.
    You have to remember that you can only perform crouch if you're completely still so this movement literally takes milliseconds to execute. For me to figure this out it took over 6 months of practice and I can't do it every time as its one of the most difficult moves in KAG. Ping will be another big influence as well.

Eluded likes this.
  13. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I re-structured the thread for the OP. As a result, some on-topic posts were deleted. If one of your posts was deleted, I "reimbursed" your likes on posts elsewhere.

Here are the deleted posts:

FuzzyBlueBaron and Cohen like this.
  14. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Throwing a bomb during a slash makes it possible to hide a little the bomb, and to surprise the enemy ;)

You can also talk about the pick key, which allows you to take items before the enemy, this key saves life sometimes before taking a slash that kills you can take a heart that was not at fingertips before, and Which allows you to stay alive longer. That work for flag etc too, i made a big video where this key helped me to take a flag ahah

15. Cohen

The Compendium got it's first update, see changelog.
    Thanks to @8x for video file and @franek123 for helping me with recording GIFs.
    Thanks to BludyMaNa for ideas.

16. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Didn't know you could crouch while water stunned.. Guess there isn't any way to chain-stomp a smart person now. ::(:

Snake19 and Cohen like this.
  17. PussyDestroyer

PussyDestroyer Bison Rider

WOW such a great text. ::D:::P:::)::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Cohen likes this.
  18. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Water buoyancy (mobility) only occurs if you are next to a block while moving up in water.
    Following a retreating enemy through doors (mobility) title isn't bold.
    Crouch whilst being stunned by water (crouching) also allows you to pass through doors which are below you while you're stunned. This is extremely useful if you peek from a vertical door and get stunned and stuck on top.

Tower wall jump (mobility)
    Tower wall jump gif.gif

19. Cohen

Thanks to everyone for your comments and suggestions.

It's a neat treat, is it ok if we add your GIF to the compendium?

It shouldn't be bold, on my screen it looks like this.
    [​IMG]

20. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Go for it! That was why I posted it. ::):
    upload_2017-2-5_19-44-27.png