1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Diablo III

Discussion in 'Other games' started by WarrFork, Mar 5, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

No one post about Diablo III ? The best game ever ? :B):

Tell me wich class you like the most and why. :D
    Personally, it's the barbarian. I love to charge enemies.
    I really dislike to backup and shoot some fire or others magic spells..

Here is the Demon Hunter Trailer:

Links:
    Website, List of class

Others videos:
    Cinematic trailer

Gameplay

2. Clazy

Clazy Shopkeep Stealer

Rofl D3 is going to be horrible. Economy = Money based. D3 is gunna pacman through your wallet.

PumpkingSlice, Ryu, AJ and 1 other person like this.
  3. WarrFork

I'm gonna not use the new economy system online, so this is not a problem for me.
    But yes, this is a horrible idea of Blizzard. Never see this before.

4. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

This and this alone killed the game for me. Im not spending tons of cash after I BUY THE FUCKING game to be better than rich spoiled kiddies with parents credit cards.

5. WarrFork

You are not forced to buy with this system, or just sell your things and only buy with your profits.

6. Noburu

I realize that, but it gives people who spend more money IRL a huge advantage over people who will buy just the game and not spend money on RMT.

EDIT: Basically time put into the game isn't important any more. Blizzard made good stuff back in the day but they are greedy fuckers now.

Ryu likes this.
  7. WarrFork

It's like a free-to-play now.. pay for win but the single player still just amazing for don't scrap totally the game.

8. Noburu

Once you are addicted to multiplayer games, singleplayer games are no longer fun unfortunately. Game will also be at least $60 usd. Im not paying that for multiplayer, let alone singleplayer.

Foxodi likes this.
  9. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

I confess, I'm withholding judgment on the micro-transaction aspect of D3, simply because I have a hope that they can pull it off well.

WarrFork likes this.
  10. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

and that's why you should play it with people you know |: It's not an open world MUMORPUGER where can't avoid meeting someone with gear he bought with real money.

Yup, game preordered a while ago, gonna be playing alone or with friends on private games. Pubs are going to be full of retards and cheaters anyway.

Ofc i assume it will be possible to create passworded games... Blizzard can't be dumb enough to remove that function from the game o.o

11. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Don't look forward to it at all, even if you ignore the fact that it's going to have a terrible economy, I played in the beta and found it to be absolutely boring mostly, could be that it just wasn't my style or I wasn't feeling it compared to D2, but I thought it was crap.
    At this point who knows, they were stupid enough to remove non-connected-to-the-internet playing.

12. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

yeah, although that was more of a greed/DRM issue. But we'll see how it turns out.

13. Jaedong

Jaedong Shopkeep Stealer

I don't know why you expect the first 12 levels of the game to be anything than "ok". You realize the first Act of the game is a tutorial right? You also don't get to finish more than 1/3rd of Act I. You were playing 1/3rd of Act I on normal mode out of 4 difficulty levels. I know where you're coming from saying that it seems boring, but i'm certain it's because you don't get all the fun parts until later. You're missing out on alot of the mechanics that come in later on in the game.

Luigi watch this video. all the way up to 46:10
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3NkFxpb4hI&feature=player_detailpage#t=2486s

I don't know why everyone is so worked up over the RMAH. You shouldn't really care if someone want's to fork over more money to buy gear in the game.

Why? There are a couple reasons.
    1. If you don't want to play with the people who spend money on this game out side of the initial buying the game, you can make a game that is locked where no one outside your friends list can join or put a password. It's one of those i'm not sure.
    (source):I have access to the Diablo 3 beta.

2."but people who buy gear will rape me in PvP, as they have way better gear than me" Nope there's a hidden ladder system that allows it to where if they have much better gear than you, they'll be placed against people on Par. You could argue that you spend hours and hours to get the best gear in the game while some noob buys all the best gear right off the bat. Even if they do that, they're cutting out on experience and will probably still suck.

3. You wont notice any advantage if you don't play with people who buy stuff with real money. In a way, its like the people who judge people that are gay. Gay people don't really affect them by being gay, but because they are different they are ridiculed by some.

I guess what i'm really trying to say, is who the hell cares? Why do you care so much if someone buys gear with real money rather than gold. The ladder keeps them playing with other people who have similar gear to them. If they choose that route and they play against someone who farmed the gear legitly, don't you think they'd get raped by the other person due to lack of experience.

This hidden ladder system alone destroys all and any advantage against someone playing PvP.

For the PvE part techincally it's not an advantage against to play with someone with better gear. You're not against them on anything. If you straight up don't want to play with them you have the ability to make private games.

I played the PvP at blizzcon 2011. That game's PvP has a high lasting appeal imo. I lined up to play it like 5 times, it's so fun.

My opinion on the RMAH is that I think it's a good move for them. If you look at it from an economic standpoint this cuts out the use of 3rd party sites that sells items and gives a minor profit to Blizzard. Let's be honest here, there's going to be people who buy items with cash even if there wasn't any RMAH. They would just use the 3rd party websites. Sure there's going to be more people using it now than before due to it being legit and removes the possibility of getting scammed from 3rd party sites, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Now people who Max out on end game can sell their stuff on the RMAH and make some profit.

dnmr and WarrFork like this.
  14. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

I weep for the fact that my computer will not be able to run it.... :QQ:

15. BlueLuigi

Game is shit, old excuses for a bad game and idea, this year is the year of failed trilogy endings in videogames

16. Jaedong

Jaedong Shopkeep Stealer

It's not really an excuse when your opinions are based on a beta of a tiny portion of a game with a lot of factors cut out of the gameplay that you don't seem to account for.

17. BlueLuigi

That's like saying I needed to play more than kag alpha to know it is good or more than hear the starting of me3 and the design idea to know it was shit. A demo, alpha or beta will never purposefully toss you the dull version to start off with. That might happen in books where they get better but in video games it's just a thing that doesn't, feel free to name a recent vista that was shit beta or first 1/6 of the game and turned out good, great or worthy of praise

18. Jaedong

Jaedong Shopkeep Stealer

I don't agree that those are fair enough points.
    I'm not really trying to argue or anything so this will be my last comment.

Comparing a game where the story line and other Gameplay elements are dependent on a linear progression to an indie game that really has no progression and is simply based off of a simple goal of CTF is not fair in my opinion. Especially when the progression of the game is cut off at an early early portion of the game. I think the beginning of Act I does seem rather dull, but it was already stated that it was supposed to be easy. It's 1/3rd of 1 Act out of how ever many acts there are in the game. Its easy to beat and simple. It's probably the reason why you find it boring. There's nothing really exciting about it, but to judge the whole game based on that alone is not fair. There are alot of mechanics in Diablo 3 that are supposed to be dynamic and make the game alot more fun, but you don't really see those early in. The rune system for example before the recent update was an item that you wouldn't even get to touch which allowed your skills to have a new flavor to them.

I feel that your opinion would change if you got a taste of the PvP, but unfortunately it's not going to be enabled in beta because of balance issues that wouldn't make sense due to lack of balance through progression of the game.

It's not fair to base the quality of a game based on a beta or alpha. No company that judges the quality of games base their opinions on the betas. They make comments here and there and wait for the game to be fully released before giving a full review and scoring the games.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  19. Jaedong

Jaedong Shopkeep Stealer

"If you only include successful ( in terms of income) games then MC was the first sandbox that is block based and focuses on ease of use over freedom." Yes I was saying in terms of the money, in the end for a developer the economical growth depends on the income which was great. 1 Person buys Minecraft every 10 seconds according to that ticker on their website, and an account gets made every second roughly. Technically that is successful.

For diablo 3 I think you're right about the feel of an RPG, but what is early on for diablo 3. I think Jay Wilson said Act I was a tutorial. Also I think the game is supposed to be highly re playable, not sure if that's the case or not yet, but the PvP was definitely fun. I understand where you're comming from since I played the beta up the the skeleton king. It was ok, but it wasn't like OMG THIS GAME IS SO FANTASTIC. I'm really really hoping it does come in shortly after what they have shown us in the beta. The bosses that we've been able to see so far look pretty cool, and there's only been like 2 or 3 bosses that have been shown on YouTube.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  20. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

They took out the best classes and gave us a witch doctor... wtf?

synthesispandabot and Noburu like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi