1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Diablo III

Discussion in 'Other games' started by WarrFork, Mar 5, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Jaedong

Jaedong Shopkeep Stealer

It's not like you need more than an hour on the beta anyway. 99% of the content is locked anyways.
    </br>--- merged: May 15, 2012 7:48 AM ---</br>
    IM ONNN DIABLO 3!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. knightl

knightl Base Burner

I hate diablo 3, as a long time fan of 1-2 and SW this game is not my baby

Noburu and BlueLuigi like this.
  3. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

I played the living shit out of Diablo 2, some of the best experiences one ever had with a game. But the whole hack'n'slash concept á la Diablo feels so damn old and outdated to me now. This became apparent when I tried out Torchlight. I grew bored too damn quickly. The lack of multiplayer might have done some for it, but in the end it just isn't appealing for me anymore. I don't think I would be able to return to even Diablo 2 now.

It was great back then, but now I would like something fresh.

So no, I wont be getting this. Fancy new graphics wont resolve anything.

Noburu, Wonkyth and knightl like this.
  4. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Yeah, that's pretty much my sentiment about the whole thing. They were great back in the day, but I'm skeptical that they've freshened it enough.

5. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Diablo 3 sentiment's after release:
    Error37 - Hah, everywhere. Hilarious since so many just wanted to play it singleplayer
    Ending cinematic - Yuck.
    Story - Bland
    'Secret Cow Level' - Now full of ponies, disgusting, do not want

But the one thing they did right:
    Succubi have nipples.
    </br>--- merged: May 17, 2012 12:25 AM ---</br>
    Daily reminder that you bought this piece of shit:

Good job pre-ordering.

Noburu, AJ and WarrFork like this.
  6. Jaedong

Jaedong Shopkeep Stealer

Not that I care or anything, even though D3 was a little underwhelming and I did enjoy the cinematic.... but why do you keep coming back to a thread about Diablo 3 if you hate the game so much? It puzzles me why you would put in so much effort to talk shit about it.
    Like I know the game isn't as amazing as you wanted it to be.. but fuck man. You've already made it clear since this thread was created that you don't like it, then you continue to post on this thread about how bad you think the game sucks. On top of all of that you post more opinions on how you think the game failed on launch after either playing it or watching someone play it. Not really sure why you would waste your time watching someone play the game or play it yourself after clearly stating you hate it. If you played it, why would you play the whole game and play the whole game in pretty much 1 or 2 sit throughs, because you think the game sucks so bad.

Edit: This game is not bad, it's just an old concept with a new skin. Torchlight II is probably gonna be the same. The games rating got a 9.8 on IGN. TBH I thought I woulda had alot more fun. I did have fun, just not as much as I hyped up for myself. Gonna keep playing though and try to get to 60 and play through inferno sometime.

7. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

8. BlueLuigi

I'm simply posting information to backup points made previously about how it was obvious this game would suck from a mile away months ago.

I post because this game is politically motivated and buying it will further ruin games, especially online ones as companies believe that it is okay to start 'RMAH' to combat 'RMT' (as if it ever fucking needed it) and then charge absurd tax rates (30%+) to get money.

What you people are doing by buying it is the same as feeding MapleStory's initial market which led to every game having microtransactions.

9.8? IGN was paid off. And I'm not pulling that out of my ass either, all the big game reviewers get paid off, if you are still taking anything that any of them (especially IGN) put out as an actual fact you are insane. 9 was fucking average for last year and 10 was pretty standard too, there isn't a AAA title that doesn't get a 9-10 now.

You are also implying that I played the game outside of beta, but I already know what your counter argument will be, the same one that every WoWfag ever also tries "If you didn't play it than you don't really know if it's bad or not", "The beta doesn't count you have to play the whole thing".

There are many reasons to like a game, usually gameplay is one of them, and the gameplay of D3 isn't terrible, it's not much better than D2 which objectively is decent, but was realistically a clickfest, it's made up for by many other subtleties. D3 is pretty similar in many respects. There are however many reasons to not like a game, and there are many reasons to not buy a game:
    1)The game has bad gameplay
    2)The game is politically motivated to fuck you in the ass either now or down the line- generally this means testing out what they can get away with. "How many CoD can we rehash and resell to you?" "Can we get away with using DRM?" "Can we put DRM on their PC like Origin and get away with it?" "What if we put a rootkit on their PC to combat hacking?"
    3)Sequels made for no reason other than to cash out - abuse a waiting fanbase

D3 has a problem on both 2 and 3, and to some people 1. Can it be fun? Sure , if you're really into ARPGs, but if you really played D2, the people who really played it, pvp, trading, staying around all that time really playing it, they're not going to enjoy it. Trading is fucked because of RMAH mostly, roundabout trading will have to be done, they were probably be mostly done by that single d2 community that has lasted so long and permeates into many other games, pvp is not even in and from what they talked about will be immensely shallow when it comes out, items not even having pvp specs so pvp will end up stupidly unbalanced (once again). The story was a fucking terrible ending (this angel bullshit was terrible, diablo looked like a weak ass female instead of a badass), they used crude popculture references that only retards already shill into (pony shit) that everyone will look back including those stupid enough to get caught up in it in 10 years and cringe. D3 won't have the staying power that D2 had, and D2 mostly had it because of the decent story, replayability, and it being mostly the only thing like it. With all the contenders D3 has, that won't happen this time around, they chose the wrong business model, and they made the wrong game.

TL;DR - Just posting things that prove my point, if you're going to be mad because you like what is a bad game that will only fuck the video game industry later, have fun, but I'll also go ahead and post about how it's bad so more idiots don't buy it.

Last thing I need is next year's MMO to go all RMAH 50% tax + microtransactions

9. Jaedong

Jaedong Shopkeep Stealer

Lol... I'm not mad, but its annoying to get a notification in my email about some guy complaining about how he thinks a game sucks.

"The gameplay is terrible" - that is your opinion
    "The storyline sucks" - That is also your opinion
    If you played the game then you would know why Diablo looks like a girl.... although its kind of not a surprise.
    "RMAH ruined trading hurr durrrrrrrrrr" - I'm pretty sure it didn't.... there will be alot of people playing and not even using RMAH.

I'm not gonna argue about companies squeezing every cent out of us, because that's a thread in its own.

10. BlueLuigi

Clicking does not good gameplay make.
    The storyline sucks, that is not my opinion, it is a bad ending to a storyline. It is about as bad of an ending as ME3s.
    RMAH, we'll see, but of course you'll 'hurr i like it'.

My recent posts had nothing to do with opinion.

The story was classic angels and demons, a shitty ending to diablo which had a 'decent' story and memorable moments..
    The popculture cash in for people like you who jump onto ponies and shit was stupid as hell as well, again arguing with someone who already is silly enough to like ponies about how they ruined diablo is like telling someone who enjoys eating shit that eating shit is bad, they never care what you have to say because 'Well I liek it', or 'but you don't understand', or whatever other silly reason.

I mean unless you really want to give me one good reason that they would add that ponyshit level, please go ahead.

11. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Don't make a debate about ponies, it's just ponies. :p
    For my opinion, I think this level are pretty nice. In D2, it's was cows, now ponies. All Diablo's need a stupid world like that. It's a classic. :)

12. BlueLuigi

Cows weren't really a huge pop culture reference that the internet is mostly divided on.

I think everyone wanted a cow level, but they wanted something fun and different but also actually blizzard's, not something completely unrelated that is already it's own thing. That's where the actual problem comes in with that.

13. Arthurox

Arthurox Bison Rider

I really want this game but with my shitty computer......:
    Intel pentium:4
    CPU 2.26GHz
    GB ram: 1.0
    NVDIA GeForce FX 5200

Psdt: MU ONLINE is using diablo engine?

:argh:

14. WarrFork

Play Diablo 2. :D

15. Jaedong

Jaedong Shopkeep Stealer

There's no problem with ponies or the game. Luigi hasn't even played the game to know that it is good. He played the beta of Diablo on normal mode lol... normal mode is EZ and casual.

D3 takes more skill than D2 when you get into Nightmare, hell, and inferno.

16. BlueLuigi

See previous statement of exactly what you would say "Waaah you have to play a game to know it's good"
    "There's nothing wrong with ponies in diablo!"
    Please provide a reason, I've already provided mine.

17. WarrFork

It's a little bit logic, no ? If you don't played the complete game, your opinion are based on nothing...

18. Jaedong

Jaedong Shopkeep Stealer

Nothing wrong with the extra level in D3. It's something that doesn't take away from the game and just a fun Easter egg or kind of a level that is there for the irony. You didn't play Diablo 3. You don't know how hard the game gets.... your opinion is invalid. As i've stated in the past judging a game based on a beta is foolish and childish. If you haven't played hell mode yet you wouldn't know how hard the game is.

No company reviews a game and bases it off of a beta because the game is still currently in development and has room for drastic change.

Since you like kag, lets use kag as an example, the graphics for KAG are old the gameplay concept is pretty simple, but sometimes you have to play the game to know it's good. KAG is a greatgame

WarrFork likes this.
  19. BlueLuigi

You can't read the inside jacket of a book or it's first two chapters and see how good or bad it will be?
    I didn't have to read Twilight to know it was teenage drivel. I didn't have to read George Bush's several books to know that they were shit.

It's something people always go to because they think it will stop an argument and it avoids them actually having to make an argument, it is no different from him saying 'go away, stop saying bad things about the game I liek waaah' as he did a few posts prior.

20. WarrFork

False. The begin suck, the end fight in the 4 are awesome. You can't give a good opinion if you didn't see completely what is it.

Mods: BlueLuigi