1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Did we win? - Understanding the mod and the rules.

Discussion in 'Competitive KAG Archive' started by makmoud98, Sep 12, 2015.

?

Are you confused by the rules?

Poll closed Sep 26, 2015.
  1. Yes

39.1%
  2. No

34.8%
  3. Kinda

26.1%
  1. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

2. toothgrinderx

toothgrinderx Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin

It really is very simple, any one who doesn't understand mak's rule set has clearly not played the mod. There is about a 0.000000000000000000000000000007% chance (in hell) that the number of caps and TPM on each team ties. If it did occur simply take your pick of ways to break it, I believe I saw ked say somewhere take each clans best knight and have them 1v1 for the win. Why not, a tie won't happen anyways. It's not calculus to figure out who won if no flags are capped, it's simply whoever spent more time in 'enemy' territory. And if you don't think that the team who did a better job at trying to actually CAPTURE the flag, not defend their own for as long as possible deserves the win, then you don't seem to grasp the concept of (woah, wot) Capture The Flag. The time limit is also pretty perfect in my opinion, nobody wants to play 2 hour matches with 30 block thick stone walls around a flag. Bout a half hour minimum 45 min max is a perfect game time. Also, each time extension feels like extra incentive to get something done, because if you make some moves and manage to nab a flag in less than 25 minutes without losing one you are rewarded for your effort and the enemy team has no chance (that round) to make some half assed hard tunnel comeback an hour into the game. On the flip side if the enemy caps one of your flags you are then driven to bust your fucking ass to get at least one of theirs to achieve the extension, and possibly a win.

It seems to me the amount of effort used fussing over ties and miniscule details would be better spent on learning to capture the flag.

I'm not even participating in MLK but the mod works great, 10/10 mak. Fuck a tie. 25252525

3. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

The difference is people see this a competitive league. No one would want to go fighting apex if they actually have to defeat them. Most people wouldnt have a chance and their only reason for playing them in an elo league would be the chance to tie and gain elo. I personally do not care about it atm but i can see how some people wouldnt like tht.

4. makmoud98

if your clan doesnt want to face them, just play a different claan that has a similar elo, eventually you will get better and eventually try to win

5. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

I understand the team that built a big ass tower at mid, put siege there and destroyed the whole enemy base deserves the win - but did they earn it? Fuck no. Game is CAPTURE THE FLAG, not camp the mid.

6. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Ok so listen me guys, i will start the league today. If after 2 weeks - 1 month you really don't like the rules, we will change them.

Mak can you just speak about where we playing, on what server each teams play. (EU VS AUS = NA West Coast etc....)
    I will use this post for the official rules :)

7. makmoud98

the server that each team plays on is up to them. if blue team wants to be on a us server and red team wants to be an an aus server then they can too. if they agree that its best to just have both servers on us west then they can too. the beauty of bo2 is that team can chose what server they want

8. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

add that to the rules but if we have a NA west coast server it's not for nothing remember that ;)

9. makmoud98

i added it to the "other stuff"

10. JaytleBee

JaytleBee Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. [Server] Sandbox Reborn

Sorry if this is stupid but how do you measure the ticks past mid?

11. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

So the team that didnt play their won match as well compared to the other team wins?

12. makmoud98

13. CowboyDan

dont use the word ticks to mean seconds and seconds past middle. it makes it pretty confusing. just say time. change it to say the team that won faster.

14. makmoud98

let me rephrase it, if you won your round and they won their round, and both of you won by having a lead in flags, then whichever team took the lead faster on their round wins the match.
    Also, I dont think using the word ticks is very confusing because its a very simple term. its just a more accurate way of measuring time in kag

15. CowboyDan

the only time it's confusing is in that one sentence I quoted

16. JaytleBee

JaytleBee Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. [Server] Sandbox Reborn

Yes, I understand what a tick is. But how do we know how many ticks past mid each player has? Is there a mod to measure it or do we just estimate?

17. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

stickied, so it doesn't get lost among everything else. Rules are important people.

18. makmoud98