1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

dirt and gold tiles too similar?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bilbs, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bilbs

bilbs Guest

I think the dirt and gold tiles should be slightly modified. Maybe the stone and gold as well.
    I have good vision and it is difficult to differentiate between the three sometimes. I can only imagine the difficulties of people with worse vision.

On a similar note, more color in the team sprites as well?

2. CrazyMLC

CrazyMLC Guest

Every piece of art is right there in the game's folder, so you can edit it whenever you want.

You can hop in, make gold a bit more yellow, and tint the player sprites red/blue.

3. Snow

Snow Guest

That's a good point, but by default it should stand out more, so that then everyone doesn't have to go in to edit. I mean it's up to the designers, but I agree with bilbs on that.

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

We might add a glow to the gold but the key thing is to be observant - you can walk straight past gold if you're not looking, or you can notice the edge of a vein from ages away.

We might add player names with team colours too, but we'll see. All the art is more or less fluid at this point, half of the HUD is still pure placeholder!

5. Snow

Snow Guest

Geti,

I posted a colour mod before I read your response to this thread. I hope it won't cause a conflict with anything if one of the intentions of the game was to be observant. :/

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Of course not - I've made a more lengthy reply in the respective thread.

7. I'm working on a world.png that you guys can download today which should greatly help with this issue. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.