1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Donkey Kong Classic (coop)

Discussion in 'Game modes' started by Strathos, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Strathos

Strathos KAG Guard Tester

Top.png

Feeling nostalgic and somewhat masochist? Step in this maze-like gamemode and dodge deadly rolling barrels to save your beloved Pauline-flag!
    UPDATE: FINAL VERSION!
    All maps revised, plus 2 additions! Now with custom barrel physics and patterns (including random ones) per level, checkpoints and end level events!​

Maps
    DK1ScreenShoot.png DK2ScreenShoot.png DK3ScreenShoot.png DK4ScreenShoot.png DK5ScreenShoot.png

Notes
    Don't modify the barrels config files (donkeykegX.cfg), as the maps were made based on their physics.

Special thanks to Ardivaba for showing me how to add the kegs in a loop, to MechaTrickster for kindly making the gameplay video and all the lab rats that helped me test the maps. Also to Geti, for being awesome and implementing the collide_when_crouching server option.

Attached Files:

2. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Always glad to be your lab rat, Strathos
    (=^.^=)

Coookie and Bammboo like this.
  3. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Why would you need Mario and Peach? It's Jumpman and Pauline, nub!

Madoka and Noburu like this.
  4. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

I did a server with the gamemode and when we took the flag and it nextmap, it make crash everyone (well, nearly everyone).
    Any idea about that Strathos? Anyways, epic gamemode like always. :thumbs_up:

Edit: Also, I can't find the red tent in the third map, so it never end.

5. Strathos

Thanks! I hadn't noticed your server :thumbs_up:.
    The crash happens randomly but not very often. Usually it just disconnects people when I host. No idea why, though.

I realized about the missing flag (derp!), but I was waiting for the "fixes buffer" to get reasonable before re-uploading. Anyway, I just uploaded the base.zip with map fixes.

WarrFork likes this.
  6. WarrFork

Yeah, it make them disconnect and happen 1/3 times.
    Also i'll wait to put the last map for when it's complete because it's actually kinda hard. :p

7. Strathos

Well, hard is what I am aiming for, since it's the gamemode "finale". Additions I make will go mostly towards the now empty right part of the map. It's totally winnable, tho. We are in your server right now. If you join I'll show you : )

8. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Can't see anything in the third map with darkness on.
    And I'm pretty sure I dropped the flag in a place that is impossible to retrieve. But again, I can't tell because it's too dark.:>:(:

9. WarrFork

That's actually possible to get it there, I already did.

10. ParaLogia

Yeah, I figured it out later by studying the minimap.

11. Gerald

Gerald Bison Rider

is there a command to spawn them manually?

12. ParaLogia

I'm guessing there is, but why would you spawn them manually? :huh?:
    To troll other players?

13. Gerald

Gerald Bison Rider

reasons...

14. Strathos

15. ParaLogia

This is far from co-op, as far as I can see. Teammates tend to mess you up more than anything. In fact, many will do so purposely.
    In addition, those fools keep using duck as a legitimate tactic. Some even pick them up, and won't listen when you tell them not to.

16. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

D0ubl3Tr0ubl3 Shopkeep Stealer

I hate this gamemode it makes me feel sick. Kegs don't kill when you lie down by the way.

17. WarrFork

18. fiddy

fiddy Bison Rider

Are there any official rules about laying down and picking up kegs, and then trowing them at other kegs so teambridges, ladders, spikes etc get destroyed ?

19. Strathos

The only rule would be "don't grab the kegs". I wouldn't worry about the crouching thing for long, though ; )
    btw: new maps coming after next kag update.

fiddy likes this.
  20. fiddy

fiddy Bison Rider

Sweet. And i wonder....can you somehow, remove the whole "grab" function from the specific gamemode ? or is that unavailable ?
    I spend way to much when on the donkey kong server telling keg grabbers to use common sense and to stop ruining the fun for the rest by destroying the map, trowing kegs at them, and well, ruining the fun.