1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Don't fucking auto vote yes when people vote to kick please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The-Cub, Sep 28, 2014.

1. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

mfw ferne defends me

2. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

LOL

3. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

It is to show pauses, to emote through text better.
    Was mainly a joke, but at the same time, he and multiple other admins go AFK for a while, and quite frequently, and can unbalance the game tremendously if there are more than 1 admin on one team (while they go AFK).

4. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

[​IMG]

Fernegulus, Sir_Walter and Klokinator like this.
  5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

o ok
    Telling @Furai since they're his seclevs :^)

Chukka, Sir_Walter, Solaris and 8 others like this.
  6. ninjaflood

ninjaflood Bison Rider

That's happened to me quite a few times, most recently from someone named Lautre (aka "? ? ? ! ! !") who griefs then pins it on other players on his team. Why I remember I was top of our leaderboard and he still got the pubs to votekick me by using broken english and saying I harass him. I would love to have a griefing key you could press that records like 5 seconds of footage then lets you show it to your team so they can vote. Maybe up in the map corner. But it is very annoying because most of the people who autovote yes don't speak english or completely ignore the chat box even though they are on a US server.

Dargona1018 likes this.
  7. Corpsey

Corpsey Haxor

[​IMG]

Note: both Pavao and Cobalt were on the other team entirely... I really hate people that don't just abstain if they don't know what's going on. I can hardly blame Dahz, he may have been on the other team but he also didn't speak English.

It would help a lot if votes were team-side only. Also perhaps the abstain button should be the largest?

Finally, it may help to have a !revote system in place.. even as far as !revote yes !revote no (and have abstain stay locked), with a timer starting from 15 or 20 until kick, so people have the time to revote (and the accused has time to explain him/her self).

Dargona1018 likes this.
  8. ieatpieandlikepie

ieatpieandlikepie Drill Rusher

My only words of advice...... Man up and just wait your five minutes instead of complaining

9. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

That's some great advice right there. I'm gonna stab you and tell you to man up and wait 5 minutes until death instead of seeking medical attention.

10. Yagger

[​IMG]

Sir_Walter likes this.
  11. Corpsey

Corpsey Haxor

@ieatpieandlikepie Were you replying to me? If so, then the answer is that I shouldn't have to 'wait' for any period of time. The solution should be apparent.... 20 seconds that save the entire map from being a write off because of a griefer. How about you give me your in-game name, so that when you have a griefer and start a vote, I can be sure to keep him in the game.

12. Dargona1018

It's ieatpieandlikepie , that is his name.

From,
    A Totally Anonymous Source

13. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

My last post wasn't an appropriate response and didn't make me sound above you so,

I play this game to have fun, and if someone is ruining my fun, not by killing me or trapping me legitimately but, by deliberately breaking the rules, he or she should be removed from the server. People auto-voting no prevent that, and furthermore potentially kick me from the game which is even less fun for me.

Now, you can tell me to be a man, but this is a world where grown men can actively and publicly talk about last night's episode of My Little Pony, so I'd kindly ask you to STFU and stop acting like being a 'man' is what all people with Y chromosomes have to do.

14. ieatpieandlikepie

ieatpieandlikepie Drill Rusher

Guys, let me rephrase my words. Everyone hates autovote, when everyone just chooses even though they don't know anything. I've been banned before too, by destroying a building that was affecting my team in a bad way. I don't know how to solve this, I'm just saying, I always choose to wait so I don't add a extra thread to the General page.

15. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

you by no means are a fair player i remember about a month back on the lk server you started a vote to kick me because i refused to "shut up" the reason people ask you to man up is because you act like a child(no i am not flaming just adding my opinion of his actions)

16. Dargona1018

I have heard a lot bad about Blue_Tiger.. So I don't doubt that.
    He had even admitted to choosing people at random to votekick, whilst at the same time, in seperate areas, denying that he has..

17. Yagger

im pretty sure blue_tiger got perma'd from BD servers for insulting other players, then got their alt banned for the same things. might've been, maybe a similar name.

PUNK123 likes this.
  18. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

The answer is so simple. Include a verification code to vote. If something takes effort, some auxiliary brain power will inevitably go towards ensuring that the punishment is just.

"Kicking MinecraftFan1999: Reason: AFK. What is the biggest prime number?"

norill and Pharphis like this.
  19. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

it would be 2 (57,885,161-1) the numbers in ()are to the power so the number would be humungous so this question is stupid

20. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

That's not the biggest prime. Even Euclid knew the answer. It's easy.