1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Doors and explosions

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Verzuvius, Dec 19, 2014.

?

!?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Didn't understand :(

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Ex. I shoot a bomb arrow at a stone block, a builder stands at the other side of it and takes 1,5 hearts of damage. Then he puts a wooden door at the same place where the stone block was. I shoot another bomb arrow. The door is destroyed but the builder doesn't die/take any damage.

Please fix! It is just weird and unfair. Also makes wooden doors a bit OP when tunneling and so.

Thanks for taking your time, have a nice day!

2. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

Losing any health behind a stone wall is questionable. Sounds more like a bug to me (blast radius ignoring obstacles). I think it would be more realistic to stun that builder instead.

3. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Will this be fixed? I can't sleep at nights. :QQ:

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Only way to fix it is a hack - the tiles die because the hits on them are processed immediately and the follow up "damage blocks" stage can see the builder exposed. The door is hit during that damage blocks stage and doesn't die until afterwards. It's kind of complicated, I'll think about the hack because this kind of stuff is reasonably annoying, especially when dealing w/ tunnellers/termites.

@Vermilicious see above for why it's implemented to hurt people through walls :) classic in particular was plagued with builders on front walls in 4x4 boxes that required 2 bombs to "thermite through" to them until it was changed to damage through if the wall was destroyed by the explosion.

zerd and Verzuvius like this.
  5. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

/stone door/trap block/platform

Mods: Rainbows