1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Dota Mode

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Tsilliev, Aug 22, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

lol just some random idea, imagine dota game mode, halls spawn AI knights that go to the enemy hall, only players overweight the fragile balance between red and blue, with tech you can upgrade AI with bombs, give them siege, and archers and bigger numbers with gold or coins from killed enemy AI,and you also build defenses and help them advance.
    What do you think? Would it be boring? Or would you enjoy the slaughter of AI when the enemy player is not around and cash in the coins from the kill into upgrades?

If we want more we could also try to have levels or buyable skills, with this much kills/coins you get one more heart, with this much kills you get faster charge or +1 slash, or you always get +1 free bomb and hamburger when you spawn even without factories etc etc.
    And archers less draw time, 2 or 3 arrows per draw, more range etc

2. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

you mean actually a tower defense mode?

3. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Well here you cannot build towers that shoot arrows or cannons at the AI but I guess it is something similar and by your comment I think you will say someone already suggested it? :D
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 22, 2013, Original Post Date: Aug 22, 2013 ---
    Actually now that I think about it we could have a migrant operating the mounted bow when unpacked on a tower, and the enemy team that consists of minimum 2 knights 1 archer and 1 builder, where the builder clears the path of every obstacle including towers, so I would say it is kinda TD mode, the question is, is it going to be interesting and is it doable, but its the same as putting 2 halls on tdm (the tdm that you have played solo with bots) , and the other thing which would be hard to do is to program a builder to crack walls which are on the way of its programmed path and if there are holes, if he detects empty space to put a wooden block on the ground.

4. Boea

Boea Such Beta

You could add special blocks/backwalls.

Certain blocks are destructible, between a set of blocks are where certain blocks have to be placed, and certain blocks have to be placed on certain backwalls.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  5. Duke_Jordan

Duke_Jordan King Arthur's Knight Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

AI's that could charge and fight in battle would be Quite interesting

6. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

I am still noob programmer :D
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 24, 2013 ---
    AI Builder would be interesting :D

Duke_Jordan likes this.
  7. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

I think this is a great idea!

8. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I think this is rife with all sorts of balance problems when you consider good players but this could be really good for scrubs so they'd actually be able to kill stuff.

Joiken and Knighthart like this.
  9. rymcd

Yeah that's a great point, especially if the purchases scale to far. If it's to low then it's probably leaning towards being to plain. What if someone takes TTH for the new mode does some of the following: Bots spawning both sides in waves, 1 base with a few pre built towers in front each, low resources, and then lastly some sort of mod for limiting and slowing technology. Also the amount of players for a game would have to be low, maybe 10 and 12 for testing I imagine. Throwing in more bots during that time would make it fun I think. New players would probably love it and it could be a faster paced match if done right. You could even throw zombies in there down the road!(Personally I love the concept of zombies on the fun ctf server)But I really don't know how to do any modding lol

10. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

While this could be fun you'd have to decide if you really want to stick to either a MOBA-alike, a TD-alike or something of your own that would be a special mixture of both. I believe the only way to any form of sucess here is the latter, as several of us have discussed a way to attempt a MOBA in KAG and it seems that it would just not be easily feasible, the only possible way I could see this being feasible is with heavy modding to have the lanes show up above and below you on the screen or only on the minimap and the ability to 'sidestep' into the other lanes, otherwise as long as there is building or bombs to destroy, and even then, having lanes be vertical and affected by gravity would just make the whole thing fall apart.

Either way, good luck if you decide to do something like this, I'd love to see anything you do on the subject and will follow this thread in case you do :)

11. rymcd

Awesomenauts is a 2d moba ! I found it pretty fun to, just ugly looking and such. Maybe I'll give the idea a shot down the road.

BlueLuigi likes this.
Mods: Rainbows