1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Double Chasm (map)

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Guitarman, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Here she is:
    kagmapentry copy.png
    My first map!
    Feel free to use it on your server, just let me know what server that is. CTF btw

rocker2 likes this.
  2. Squeal

Squeal Shipwright

A neat concept, however I am concerned about the ore-placement. In short, there's not enough and it's too spread out. Ideally you want some bigger reserves around the tents, as well as by the chasm to accelerate building across it. Finally, is the map too deep? Especially with the nature of chasms, it's going to make tunneling much more popular, and also harder to counter. Shallow maps will keep tunnels close to the surface so that they can be easily countered.

Ej likes this.
  3. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Thanks for the constructive criticism! Being my first map, alot of what I did was guess work. Shallowing it out sounds like a wise idea.
    I think though that in v2, as you suggested, I will move the ores towards the tents, though I disagree about having them near the chasms. I think it speeds up gameplay little too much.