1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Dr. Frink's Server Tools

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by frink, Aug 5, 2012.

1. frink

frink Shopkeep Stealer

Good news everyone! I am proud to release the latest version of my KAG server Controller!

UPDATE: Get the latest version of the Kag Controller and Stats System Here: FrinkWeb

Requirements: Linux, Python, KAG server, screen (unix utility)
    Features:
    • Restarts server after players leave.
    • Restart crashed server.
    • Restart on excessive memory usage.
    • Restart when new update is released.
    • Attach to running process.
    Instructions:

Simply place this script in your KAG server directory. Then, instead of running KAG directly, run the script with the command:​
    Code:
    python kagserv.py

Configuration:
    Open up kagserv.py and check the polling rate, server minimum run time, and memory limit.​

Attached Files:

2. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Make it for Windows :D

3. frink

frink Shopkeep Stealer

Buy me premium and I'll take the time to release a windows port.

Beepo likes this.
  4. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

You're smart, but I'm to.
    Can you set up a server with it or.?

Maybe, it's only 10€ so xD.

We'll see.

5. frink

frink Shopkeep Stealer

New Features:
    • Attach to running server process - It's automatic, just run the script and it will begin managing the KAG server, even if it's already running
    • Check for updates and restart the server when the server is empty and a new update is available

6. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Added this to the already obnoxiously long list of stickies.

7. frink

frink Shopkeep Stealer

The server tools have been integrated with the stats parser. The development version of these tools can be found here:
    FrinkWeb

8. joelington999

joelington999 Catapult Fodder

Hey Frink, thanx alot for this info, i plan to start up a server but i want my server to have cheaper bombs and faster cutting wood, ect ect. can you give any advice on that?:rollseyes:

9. frink

frink Shopkeep Stealer

You should be able to rent a server from kag2dservers.com, and then just modify the game configs. Try running the server on your own machine first.

10. buster-boy17

buster-boy17 suries gard

Hey Frink I want to host A server but im Aussie do you know any websites to host an Aussie server because "Kag2dserver's" Is americain and some other one and I do not know how to host of computer could you help??.

11. Mazey

Australia doesn't have a 24/7 server hoster as far as I know.

Just host it from your own pc Buster, that's free.

12. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Ive hosted a 24/7 Australian dedicated server for 7 months. Where the hell have you been

inactive_account and frink like this.