1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Drivable vehicles too fast?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Solomon-Grundy, Aug 16, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Solomon-Grundy

Solomon-Grundy Shopkeep Stealer

Nearly every time I deploy a catapult or ballista, within 10 seconds, some genius (sarcasm) gets in the driver seat and drives it off a freaking cliff. Almost every freakin' time. I think part of this is that there's no label about which "seat" you're getting into, and also that people just wanna drive the hot rod around. I think it'd help if the movement speed was slowed WAAAAAYYYYY down. It's a wooden catapult/ballista moved manually, not a car.

Tsilliev, norill and Duke_Jordan like this.
  2. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Siege machines have this weird acceleration that suddenly makes them go really fast and really silly suspension that keeps flipping them around all the time on terrain, instead it should make the ground rumble and break trees on the way as it slowly advances to battleground while devouring everything on its way, they feel like some mine carts or cars as you described especially ballista seeing how big and fat it looks.

Invaders, Duke_Jordan and Guitarman like this.
  3. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Yep, they should be way slower and just do some terrain destruction instead of oddly bobbling around. They don't atm feel heavy at all, contrary to how they look.

4. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

I can't tell you how many games I've joined where the first hall has like 3 ballistas bouncing on trampolines for 'defence'.

5. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

Oh yes, I absolutely agree.
    It must, however, be possible to traverse uneven terrain in some matter, so a little bobbing will be hard to avoid I think. Tricky.

6. Boea

Boea Such Beta

What? What? I'm kinda glad that they stopped doing this!

Anyways, as with most entities, their terrain collision is mostly dictated by a circle, so it does make them cumbersome at times.
    I don't know what's worse, getting an unnatural fear of driving them on uneven terrain, or discovering what Indiana Jones felt with the boulder trap.

Mods: Rainbows