1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Dynamic Zooming is Needed

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by blobjim, Mar 15, 2016.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. blobjim

blobjim Builder Stabber

There are only three allowed zoom levels. And with the latest update that improved screen resolution stuff, the three zoom levels I have are bad. The first one is pretty close up, useful for mining and being in tunnels. The third zoom level is really far out and good for archers and getting an overview. However, my second zoom level is too far out. I want whoever is working on this game right now to make a mouse scroll event only zoom a small bit (perhaps configurable) so that we can have the zoom at a useful level.

Bint and joshua12131415 like this.
  2. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

Maybe custom zooming if you press the middle button while scrolling, so it does't click into place.

blobjim likes this.
  3. blobjim

blobjim Builder Stabber

And perhaps custom zoom levels that can be set in the settings.

4. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Im talking without knowing anything, but, aren't the current zooms integer multiples of the resolution or something like that? As if you , i.e., make a x3.7 zoom, the screen will look like crap, the pixels will jump over your face and explode the entire planet?

5. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

I like the current zooming, I mostly play with the thrid zoom, with knight and archer, when i'm a builder, i use second zoom, the only time ever use first zoom is when i'm at base, or where no enemys are near by.

bru-jaz likes this.
Mods: Rainbows