1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Easy/Hard zombie mode.(WIP)

Discussion in 'Game modes' started by goodyman8, Mar 3, 2012.

1. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

# 0 - destroy always; 1 - destroy when stuck; 2 - destroy when angry
    u8_destruction_style = 1
    u8_destruction_power = 2
    As obvious as it should be, the first one determines whenever he explodes.
    And the second one explosive power(i doubt it now though), but i do not know if you need to reduce or increase the number to enhance his power.
    Because (if I'm right) the treasure chest seems to have a 'the lower the better'.
    Example:
    name l chance.
    Lantern 3
    Keg 5
    Oh and anyone know where in the scripts its included so that chests have a random chance of spawning?
    If possible i want the mimic to be the only thing coming out of a fake chest.

2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

From my understanding it works with 1/X so Lantern at 3 would be 1/3 chance for a lantern keg at 5 is 1/5 chance for a keg.
    I am not sure of this due to the wording of comments and how annoyingly long it would be to test probabilities instead of just waiting to ask.

3. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Didn't have too much time to test stuff lately but now that i do I'm almost done with the mimic script.
    I need someone that can do the sprites for a mimic.
    If people dont know what i mean: http://sdb.drshnaps.com/display.php?object=232
    I think we can argue how big the sprite will become and how many frames there are.
    The sprite is pretty much all I need to put the script to use now.
    Tried testing it with the normal wood chest sprites.
    YEP, it functions as it should.
    Only problem now is that the sprites are acting retarded.
    Half-Completed test screenshot of the mimic.
    [​IMG]
    (Made them the only spawnable thing in manager so that i could see how it spawns).
    And yes I think I pretty much confirmed that if its 1, its 100% because a skeleton spawns 100% at night and its chances are '1' while the knight has '30' etc.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  4. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I can explain that for you, that number is the monster's "weight" and every time one of it spawns it'll minus 1 from the current difficulty, every spawn will minus their "weight" from the difficulty until it hits 0, then no more zombies spawn for the night, and difficulty returns to normal at day.
    At least that's how Geti explained it to me.

Also, I must've skipped over that destruction line :oops:

goodyman8 likes this.
  5. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Hm, I always thought of it that it was the 'chance'.
    But I suppose the weight is taken from the 'maximum zombies= 100'?
    Can you also explain how it works with a chest then?(The chances of spawning something)

6. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Chests work on that "chance" rating that you thought zombies had.

Code:
      # probability; actor factory; actor config;
    @$secrets = 9; zombie; Entities/Actors/Skeleton.cfg;
                13; zombie; Entities/Actors/Zombie.cfg;
                5; genericitem; Entities/Items/Lantern.cfg;
                9; keg; Entities/Items/Keg.cfg;
    ^meaning it has a chance to spawn any of the above, I think coins, bombs, arrows, and resources are hardcoded in.
    The weight is taken from the difficulty which increases every day., i honestly have no clue what maximum zombies spawns = 100 actually does.

7. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Heres an idea... make a Medusa monster.
    Everyone knows the legend of the Medusa... a woman with hair made of snakes and when one looks into her eyes... they instantly turn to stone.. in certian scriptures they say you turn to salt...

8. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

But,
    1)Wrong thread, go make one if you want some zombie idea thread or something
    2)Cannot do it with current mechanics

9. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

I was actually planning to update hardmode now that there are a few more things I learned, but sadly as BlueLuigi said there is no way to turn people into stone.
    She would only have a long range attack (and I suck at spriting :D ).

10. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Well... that sucks monkey nuts.. D:

11. diputs

diputs Shopkeep Stealer

Here is my take for a zombies hard mode. I mostly messed around with the monsters.
    Some stuff is easier. Zombie knights and Gregs are much easier to handle and should appear more often. The portals are disabled.
    Other monsters come in different combinations.. There are some more tougher or mobile variations.
    There are for example invisible skeletons, jumping monsters, differently animated monsters and ... a zombie chicken. (IMHO: More zombie servers should have zombie chickens)

P.S. sometimes i have to restart zombie fortress before migrants and monster spawn.
    P.P.S. The zip file overwrites some standard files, but also carries the original in the backup folders.

Attached Files:

Boxpipe and Rayne like this.
  12. Meanie

Meanie Builder Stabber

I wouldn't mind doing some sprites for you if you can give me a moderate guideline on sizing/spritemap?

Also, if you can do a long range attack zombie instead of Medusa why not do an acid spitting zombie? You could even do it with the zombie sprite, I would think.

13. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Problem would be, you would get hit and have no time to dodge the attack.
    Kind of like a bullet rather than a avoidable attack that way.
    Ill put up an example.
    I will try getting a guideline on spriting but I don't know my self for sure, can you ask around while I figure out how it works?
    Was planning to make a ugly sprite for it but my laziness caught up with me.
    [​IMG] <_<

Rayne, Jomppexx and BlueLuigi like this.
  14. ryanfg

ryanfg Shipwright

lol im incredibly stupid at modding stuff for KAG just got EZ mode and i already don't know what to do with the files XD

15. Meanie

Meanie Builder Stabber

Actually, gonna have to retract that offer because I don't have the time right now, sorry bout that...

here's this medusa head I did last night though :
    [​IMG]

goodyman8, Jomppexx and Rayne like this.
  16. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Really nice medusa head, maybe I will be able to turn it into a monster when we get more then 1 attack factory.

Jomppexx likes this.