1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ehra's Release kag builder guide. Build [1591]

Discussion in 'Builder' started by EhRa, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Hospitalizer

Hospitalizer Shopkeep Stealer

Platform walls allow kight slashes passed them:knight:they also eat items dropped into them you can't wallclimb the inside parts This becomes a real big problem if the top half of a tower is comprised of platform walls and enemy builders are laddering the tower:QQ: the list go's on they block spike drops wood drops. They can detonate lit kegs moving at speed through them:rektlord:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    PUNK123 likes this.
  2. jarrydthysse

jarrydthysse Bison Rider
    1. Trueblue [TB]

Keg guards, like some platforms about 4-7 block away from the actual structure, above the structure or in front of it, preventing keg bombers. And also layers compared to kegs.

3. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

If you could add some ideas of proper path making and navigation it'd be even better.

I'll share some pics on the matter, but it might even need a unique thread for itself. I think, however, that barely a few guys check this parts of the forums...

4. Hospitalizer

Hospitalizer Shopkeep Stealer

what like this romfort1[1].gif from caesars own hand the battle alesia i love this battlefield shape:smug:

5. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

@eragon200012 Nice guide, but can you put the build number in the title as well? Some things change across updates e.g. Trap blocks.

Dargona1018 likes this.
  6. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Pretty sweet guide man.

7. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Done.

I'm probably going to up update this soon, havent found the time too.
    After a long holiday I present, some basic buildings with flow incorporated: I shall add more soon.

Having multiple entrances decreases the traffic, minimising problems, just like in real city planning. I saw this in a public match, which sums it up quite well.
    Screen Shot 2015-09-28 at 5.10.20 pm.png
    The use of multiple entrances allows for:
    1. More entrances/exits from different angles.
    2. More targets for your enemies to block
    3. More defences (your enemy has to dig/'xplode there way thourgh).

Screen Shot 2015-09-28 at 5.33.51 pm.png
    Archer and knight shops are on the bottom rows, allowing for quick access after respawn. The bed is at the end, so your wounded soldiers can heal quickly. The ladders linking the 1st and 2nd floors allow for quick entry and exits. I placed the builder shop in the middle because on the outsides, it can be easily overrun. The storage is on the edge, allowing for battle builders to grab mats. I seperated the siege shop from the builder hut, mainly because if the builder shop is overrun, they won't be able to destroy the valuable siege shop quickly.

8. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

For the shop layouts and navigation inside the base, I'm closer to the following idea: "if you hold A/D or A/D + W you can get out of the base with ease".

That's why I believe that jumping against a wall and wallrun upwards to advance into different levels is more comfortable than "stop walking + jump UP". Like you just pass through doors, shops, rooms and tunnels with less effort.

I know this is up to each one taste and peferences, I'm just posting mine. 2 short examples:
    2 layouts.png

In order to support this point of view, check the following castle. Trying to get into a vertical entrance is easier if you just have to hold A/D + W (the doors below recquire you to release W in the mid of the jump and sometimes it slows you down and a pesky knight catches you.

a pita castle:
    pita castle.png

EhRa and franek123 like this.