1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Darcia, Oct 9, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. LINUS

LINUS Shopkeep Stealer

Some friends told me: hey skyrim has not stunning graphics and has some bad points.
    But for the PC version, the .ini and the TESCS make all the difference.

Morrowind is an outdated games, regarding graphics, but see how modders made it better and gave it a new skin. I tried the overhaul mod sounds & graphic and the result is amazing:

Oblivion modded by SureAI + Qarl's textures pack, has some really good enhancements and looks modern:

I am sure modders will rush on Skyrim like they did for the previous Elder Scrolls and we will have soon the perfect game :rollseyes:

2. mastercarth

mastercarth Shipwright

I just got my hands on skyrim today. I just played it an hour ago, My social life died an hour ago......

LINUS likes this.
  3. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

Been watching several gameplay videos and let's plays... and i feel a strong urge to get this game! spite my vow of beating my currently unbeaten games before i get a new one!!! I want to pick Nord and go Conan on everything!

Will probably get the 360 version, laptop is shite, anyone know if the 360 version is a decent port?

4. Kyzak

Kyzak Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Games nowadays are far more often native to consoles than PCs, so you're looking at just the opposite. Profit margin seems to dictate almost religiously that they deserve special attention, but I digress!

Skyrim is going to be great regardless of what you get it on; just go for it, you'll be glad you did.

5. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

Played it love."Dragons are easy,i 1 shot trolls,i kill them all."(I think thats a poem?)

6. Drok

Drok Shark Slayer

I thought Oblivion was epic, but I had to redefine that word when I got Skyrim.
    I'm glad I resisted the urge to install it the day before my final exam, otherwise I fear what could have happened...

dnmr and AJ like this.
  7. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Change that to:
    "Dragons are easy
    I always one-shot trolls
    I will kill them all"

... Is now haiku.

Zuboki and Noburu like this.
  8. NigerV2

NigerV2 Shopkeep Stealer

Oblivion was epic?
    Play Morrowind lol

Noburu and mastercarth like this.
  9. mastercarth

mastercarth Shipwright

Yeah! I loved Morrowind!
    Defiantly the best game on the xbox
    Really I love them all, even daggerfall.
    Though I never got to play Arena. Hopefully I can find some way to download it so I can play it for once.

Please don't double post. There is an edit button. -Wonkyth

10. Bandwagonman

Bandwagonman Shopkeep Stealer

Didn't you hear? Bethesda gave out Arena for free. Go to their website.
    P.S. have fun!

Klokinator likes this.
  11. Wonkyth

Arena is good, if you can stomach the archaic control system. Pro-tip: drag mouse across screen to attack.
    Don't play daggerfall. Is just baaaad.

12. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

My problem with this series of games is that I spend 90% of my time rifling through barrels and corpses, picking up cabbages and shit I don't really want, to sell for money that I will never have a chance to spend.

Noburu and Fellere825 like this.
  13. Wonkyth

Dude, that's nothing. I a fair few of my favourite games, EVERYTHING is worth at least something, and there are people who sell EVERYTHING. It's not quite as bad as it could be, since there is a finite amount of junk, but yeah.
    Also, if you don't need the stuff, don't pick it up. Generally, when I'm playing games like this, I travel light,only carrying objects that I actually use and stuff which weighs nothing. Of course, this means all my equipment is sourced from non-commercial venues. =D

14. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

Ordered my copy yesterday, should arrive tomorrow... might as well say my farewells in advance.. :P

15. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

epic game is epic,but i wont be able to play anything new untill i replace some components and heard INI files enhance PC gameplay.
    this is a bit off topic but since i suck at techical problems can someone explain what needs replacing here for skyrim etc?
    (posted almost whole dxdiag System thing just in case,thx in advance :o )
    Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit 6.1 build.
    System Manufacturer: Acer
    System model: Aspire X3400
    BIOS:Default system bios
    Processor: AMD athlon II X2 215 Processor 2Cpus ~2.7GHz
    Memory:2048RAM
    Page file: 1257MB used 2325MB free
    thanks in advance and sorry once again for off topic.
    on topic= its epic,like all of bethesdas games it offers tons of stuff and before you know it you wont be able to close the game :D

16. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

Oh man just got my copy yesterday.. spent two hours making my a muscle bound Nord with a giant beard... gonna focus on heavy armor and two handed weapons, with shield and one handed on the side.

First dragon encounter was epic, i wittled arrow into the scaly beast and then when he was below 3/4 health I decided "This aint no way for a man to kill a dragon!" drew my goddamn zweihander and rushed at the damn thing (running). it then faced against me and reared its head back at me and I realised "Oh crap this aint gonna work!" it spat fire at me and I somehow managed to sidestep just enough to remain relativley unharmed. closed the final distance and dealt the killing blow. It was then I got my first cinematic execution animaion. and it was GLORIOUS!

I then a few hours later accidently shouted at a chicken and the entire town went mad at me... them villagers freakin love their chickens.

17. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

Think i've played 100 hours now... 3 characters, gotta try them all.. still mad at how mages are, utterly pathetic compared to warriors, damage does not scale STILL, so pick a weapon to use and choose magic as your side. At least the spells look nicer. The Dark Brotherhood chain was way better in oblivion. Disappointed at how little your race matters when dealing with certain things, i think i prefer NWN2 for story, if only they could be combined.

18. mastercarth

mastercarth Shipwright

Im not that far in the dark brotherhood quests, Do you still get to become listener in the end of it like in oblivion?

19. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

Yeah, really soon actually. On my first guy i just decided to kill the dark brotherhood and man was that disappointing. You kill the leader then wipe out the sanctuary than your done. Dunno how this ends yet though.

20. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

you'll need a dedicated graphics card at the very least. The rest of the hardware seems decent enough to get you adequate graphics. Not maxed settings of course, you'll have to upgrade everything for that. A g-card in the 150-200 moneys price range should be ok (read some reviews and stuff depending on your budget).

Mods: BlueLuigi