1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Eldritch - a first-person roguelike

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Fate, Dec 14, 2013.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

If I had to describe this game, I'd say it's a first-person roguelike. You explore this maze-like dungeon and eliminating enemies by strategically sneaking around, gathering items like daggers, rocks, guns and bottles. Your objective is to progress as deep as possible. Enemies are susceptible to sound, so you can throw a distracting rock to gather enemies in one place, so you can either throw a dynamite to kill them all (and blow up the floor/walls/ceiling around them as well) or just sneak past.

I think it's a wonderful timewaster and I'm surprised I haven't seen anybody talk about it.

On the aspect of graphics style, I'd say it's very stylised pixel art when it comes to your surroundings, but otherwise the world is made of blocks.
    You can judge the graphics by yourself: http://www.eldritchgame.com/ Don't let the goofy music fool you, the game is less fighty fighty more sneaky sneaky.

So far I can say the gameplay is very addicting and the sneaking aspect feels very good, you can hear the footsteps of your enemies, slight moans to locate them approximately and then find your way around.

jimmyzoudcba and dnmr like this.
  2. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

looks awesome

Mods: BlueLuigi