1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Emotes with bubbles removed (no large white things covering your screen)

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by dnmr, Jan 31, 2012.

1. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

[​IMG]

This is a quick modification of the stock bubble.png. I just removed the actual white bubbles from the emotes. Although some of them do look a bit nasty sometimes, they occupy much less space on the screen and don't cover things you might want to see.

bubble.png

Installation: save bubble.png into Base/Sprites/ folder in your KAG installation directory (confirm overwrite) and launch the game.

Original bubble.png attached as well (bubble.bkp.png at the bottom of this post), in case you want to revert back. Just delete the modified bubble.png, place this one in the sprites folder and rename it.

Edit: changed the alignment a bit: moved the whole icon set one pixel to the right and three pixels down (because original bubbles are not symmetrical).

Edit2: improved version by CptTonio https://forum.kag2d.com/attachments/bubble-png.4358/

Attached Files:

CptTonio, BlueLuigi, Delta and 5 others like this.
  2. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Oh god, thank you so much.
    Never actually occurred to me to edit the sprite sheet.
    Then again, I'm pretty lazy.

3. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

This has proven to be quite useful, thank you :)

4. Delta

Delta Shopkeep Stealer

Simple but effective.

5. CptTonio

CptTonio Catapult Fodder

Hi !

I found your idea of removing bubbles good, but there was some "mistakes" (you did not removed shadows - and I think it's better without, you deleted the tears of the crying one, I changed some outlines, etc.) so I made some changes on your work, here is my version in attached file :)

These are minor changes, of course it's not perfect ! but I think that it looks prettier in-game now !

Attached Files:

dnmr and Rayne like this.
  6. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Great, thanks for taking your time to improve this :thumbs_up:
    I'll add it to the first post if you don't mind.

Rayne likes this.