1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Emoticon appreciation thread.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fate, May 10, 2012.

1. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Wrong

[​IMG] is the best.
    [​IMG] better with teabagging.

Wixmef, Riletyface, Chinizz and 4 others like this.
  2. If we're listing off personalized emotes, I still like my idea to shout out two (or more, but not many) at once! :ladder::up: LADDER ME UP HBEAJAEUAB PLEASEEEE

But my 1-9: !!!:sword::hammer::bow::left::right: :up::blue::red: You lot can keep your flipper off emote, I'll be strategical and plot the destruction of your towers!

(Though setting an emote to any key you want, combo or not, would be sooooo sweet.)

3. Mister_Meatball

Mister_Meatball Base Burner

I agree, the emotes in this game are quite fantastic. With there you are able to communicate messages like builderifyoudon'tgetoverhereandstopminecraftingtheentireteamwilldie :hammer:!!!:right::no::castle::yes::ladder:. These allow you to compliment, coordinate, rage, insult, laugh, smile at an enemy's failings, and gloat with just the q key and the number pad.
    Now bombshopbombshopbombshopbombshopbompshop vs:blank: :b_shop:!!!:b_shop:!!!:b_shop::down::hammer:!!!:b_shop::down:. Both are pretty annoying when you are a builder but which one would you rather have to deal with.

4. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

I will fight you over that opinion.

5. PeterPan14

PeterPan14 Bison Rider

I think we should also be able to get someone to make us our own emotes. That would be reallly awesome.

6. justi01

justi01 Haxor

Ah yes, emoticons make the game so much better! Even though its a simple feature, it really does add to the game. :D
    My favourite example: This archer has pissed you the hell off for far too long, using all of these fancy tactics that make you rage every time he kills you. You finally kill him. This results in you spamming emoticons with joy, happily teabagging his body while using one of these: :D :):bird: :flex:
    That is why i love emoticons. Dead and simple. :)

Beef likes this.
  7. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Yes, emoticons are a very nice feature, and I find myself pressing 2-5-2 on instinct on some other games and find my self at a loss that my yellow head didn't pop up. :QQ:

Cheers!
    [​IMG]

Beef likes this.
  8. PeterPan14

PeterPan14 Bison Rider

Emoticons literally make up the game..we use them all the time.

9. Saverous

Saverous Shopkeep Stealer

Also it adds a way to quickly express yourself in the midst of a battle

10. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

Here is your animated ingame emote, it is 252525 [​IMG].

Ghozt and Bunnyboy like this.
  11. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Really like the roleplaying aspect that emoticons give, and often they're useful too when you can reguest ladders and stuff alike.

I too often try to press the numbers in other games, and get disappointed when nothing appears :(

Chinizz likes this.
  12. fishfinger73

fishfinger73 Haxor

True and also: X3,:eek:,:rollseyes:,;),:huh?: and :oops: aren't in the game. Shouldn't they be added?

Stevedog likes this.
  13. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

Just look at the eyes on :D . Makes me laugh when the whole team :D 's after an archer horde is gibbed.

14. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

:p never ceases to make me laugh inanely ironically, personally think it's one of the best cos it really brings out the rage in people that take the game too seriously. It is awesome that they have such a distinct character though, and how in context they can easily communicate alot of things with people who's language you can't be arsed to learn.

15. PeterPan14

PeterPan14 Bison Rider

Yeah..my favourite is :>:(: i use it every match. :D

16. Mister_Meatball

Mister_Meatball Base Burner

:>:(: Is a great emote and I think it has kind of a dual meaning, showing anger but also kind of a tough face, like your not going to back down from the tidal wave of the opposite team rushing towards you with arrows drawn and bombs in hand.

Gofio and fishfinger73 like this.
  17. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

The best ever Emoticon? :p PSYCHO'S GONNA PSYCH!

I like emoticons, you can say "yes","no","fuck you","STFU!", and "noob" without having to type it all out!

18. fishfinger73

fishfinger73 Haxor

Sometimes people don't understand you though. For example (true story):
    :yes:
    :bird::>:(:

Then I died. The end. But, lol, they understood me later on.

19. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

I always thought :p was just a moronic retard face? Always kinda reminds me of the mushrooms from commander keen.

[​IMG]

20. fishfinger73

fishfinger73 Haxor

Same, until I typed ':' 'P' on the forums.