1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Emoticon Changes

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by tru0067, Sep 6, 2014.

?

What do you think?

1. I want both these changes

21.4%
  2. I want more emoticons

35.7%
  3. I want easily bindable emoticons

28.6%
  4. I don't care

14.3%
  5. I don't want any of these changes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

Something that I would really like to see is more emoticons. I think a grid formation would be nice and the new emoticons would include:
    -All pickups/items (bombs, kegs, mines, arrows, wood, stone and gold, logs and seeds etc. (anything that can be put in your inventory or carried))
    -All buildings (have CTF and TTh building is different areas)(include tent, hall, tdm spawn etc.)
    -All place-able blocks (everything that a builder can place)
    -All terrain (dirt, stone ore, bed rock, gold)
    -Specific strategies (arrow ladders, shield stacking to climb walls, kegrapple (kudos to who ever knows what this is) etc.)

I would also like to see easy ingame emoticon binding. This could include/be done through:
    -in game settings
    -pressing the desired key while hovering over an emoticon
    -not just numbers, but as many as you want

4zK, norill and kodysch like this.
  2. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

I'm for more emoticons, but i like the wheel.

Blubahub and Apronymous like this.
  3. Bint

Bint Haxor

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) One of these would be nice too.

4. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

I want to see more emotes but the wheel needs to stay. Putting the emotes in a grid will be too hard to quickly select the one you want.
    Just an idea: like for CS:GO or Rocket League callouts why not set the 1 key for 'block emotes', so you'll need to click 1 and then 1-5 to select specific block emotes. 2 could be for item emotes with 1-5 being different items, etc. This may be over the top though and hard to navigate so it's highly unlikely this will even be considered.

The way the emotes can be binded for the 1-9 by changing the values in the code is all we need. It would be great if there was a way to add letter keys to the code file and bind an emote to it.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  5. 4zK

4zK Horde Gibber Staff Alumni

bumping because this is relevant to the newest update and I don't really have to make a new thread

I advocate having two emote wheels, one personal (smileys etc) and one tactical (items etc)

this way we could fit the new emotes into the current one by moving the tactical ones into a separate one
    not a fan of the OP's far-fetched emote ideas such as arrow ladders or shield towers, but I'd love to see one with a picture of a rat

Magmus, epsilon, bunnie and 2 others like this.
  6. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

^ Damn you right about having a rat emote. It would make me not spam "rats in base" in chat like i do all the time lol.

Magmus likes this.
  7. I like the circular wheel - maybe just have multiple sets that you can cycle through?

Mods: Rainbows