1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Epic mod mashup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShapeShifterMike, Jan 27, 2017.

1. ShapeShifterMike

ShapeShifterMike Arsonist

I was goofing around with mods and found a combination which I'd really weird. If you run a WizardWars/Gold Floats/MapMakerMode server, then builder works as it does in editor mode. All the other classes can pick up anything that is not a block (dirt, stone, wood, etc.) and delete it (pressing C) place it (clicking) our throw it (spacebar). You CAN stack catapults. You can pick up bots. You can pick up projectiles. You can pick up buildings. You can't pick up orbs or arrows. Sharks and bison won't attack but will roll. Placed things cannot move, thrown things can. Even if they couldn't before. I might post some pictures later, but I'm on a phone right now so no pictures yet. :\

EDIT: I have no idea how to post pictures. :|

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    joshua12131415 and 8x like this.
  2. dredonkey

dredonkey Bison Rider

IIINTERESTING.

3. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Somebody host this mixup, should be fun online :>

joshua12131415 likes this.
  4. ShapeShifterMike

Builders would be too overpowered though. You'd have to turn them off.

5. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Wouldn't combining multiple mods cause issues?

6. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Yeah prolly but not necessarily, in this case I believe something is going wrong serverside, or there's some conflicts that somehow provide a fun feature as result.
    On my servers I usually had 2 or more minor mods put. But you can't imagine mixing ShipRekt and Blowjob for instance.

joshua12131415 likes this.
  7. Monkey_Feats

Monkey_Feats Bison Rider Tester

Depends what's in the mods, if two or more of the mods had the same file in them, only one of the files would be loaded (the one from the first mod loaded pretty sure)
    When this happens bits of needed code get left out, causing an error.
    If you really wanted a conflicting mod to work with another, you would have to mash any scripts that are the same together into one script.

8. ShapeShifterMike

From my experience, loading two mods with different edits of knights causes a crash.