1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Windows Error with some Auto-Update items

Discussion in 'General Help' started by -Tj-, Feb 11, 2013.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

This could probably happen to ANY kind of computer but i will put it as windows to the time being.

bandicam 2013-02-11 22-39-56-987.jpg

Every time i open up KAG, it downloads the news and version text then it goes through the "Determining which file to update" sequence and then tries to download these things you see above.

Now i have tried a few things to fix this problem.

1. In the installation application to install KAG to the computer, i used the "Change" or something where it fixes any errors with the files. Didn't work.
    2. I tried re-installing KAG numerous amount of times, and still nothing.
    3. I have also tried deleting the app_version text and then llet it try to download those, and nothing.

I also am having a problem with some of the sounds, like when you drop stone/wood from your inventory it doesnt make a sound indicating you have done so. When i log into KAG in the main screen, there is no "click" sound when i click on the "Tick" icon, nor when i click the multiplayer icon to go online.

So, can anyone confirm this or have a different solution to fix this?

2. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Try putting this in manual/images/letters and deleting the version.txt after that
    k.gif
    I only have letter K, change the name of file for the letter that's missing. Quite weird it wants you to download so many letters.
    Also put this in there (no idea if you are missing it)
    pixel.gif pixel.gif
    ^ you almost can't click it probably, it's a pixel
    EDIT: Indeed too small, download below
    EDIT2: KAG starts up even though you can't download the letters? Also no idea about the music

Attached Files:

-Tj- likes this.
  3. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator

Thanks for this, i already have the pixel and the k. But i will do it now and see if it works.

EDIT: Hasnt worked for me :'( Thanks for you help.

4. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

uninstall kag, delete the remaining folder and then install KAG again. Make sure you have administrator rights.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator

sorry for the late reply, but i have already tried that downburst and it didnt work for me.

but i found that doing into the Base/autoupdate.cfg file and changing the "kag/" to "kag_test/" then opening kag, it downloaded those sounds and the little .gif files aswell. then i removed the "_test/" in the autoupdate.cfg file in the directory and then reopened kag and fixed the problem ;)

thanks for the help guys, your feedback inspired me to do this. ;) ;) ;)