1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Example Mod Progress + Gifs!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Mar 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hugio88

hugio88 I am the king of KAG! Donator

Is there a stone block? And a jet engine? so that heavy stone planes can't take off with propellers?

And can the wooden plane set on fire?

2. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Guitarman likes this.
  3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

No keybindings, that's bullshit IMO. just WASD with semi sensible engine detection when you're in a seat.

tfw lots of people think its in the air/side scrolling :^)

We're currently in the process of adding sharks. These are not air-sharks, they are regular ones. The game is about ships/rafts, not airships.

@Duplolas: sounds pretty obscure and spacey tbh.

4. Inferdy

Inferdy Arsonist

Oh, seat driving - it is that thing, which I wanted...
    P.S I wanna play this game :ะช

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  5. Im just gonna leave this here: angry birds, bad piggies
    @Geti they done something similar to what your doing with the game mechanics

6. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

I really like the feeling of the physics in KAG (when they work right). It would be really interesting to see how it plays transplanted to a top down perspective.

Starsly and Guitarman like this.
  7. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

That would make more sense tbh.. xD
    Kinda having like.. a city on the ocean.. like Rapture from Bioshock... except on the surface of the ocean instead of under it... xD

@Geti
    Is it possible to have like.. submarines too? xD

8. Swagtacular

Swagtacular Catapult Fodder

As someone mentioned before, this looks like super-anachronism Captain Forever in OCEAN. Which is awesome. Will there be destructible subsystems and boarding parties in the vein of Faster Than Light or Nitrome's Steamlands?

9. Steamlands ftw. Although the freedom to make your own shapes would make weird flying stuff all day, it still looks great. It has that steampunk vibe you can't get enough of. gg

Sir_Walter likes this.
  10. Sarkalest

Sarkalest Shark Slayer

Do a barrel roll!

11. Inferdy

Inferdy Arsonist

I can't live without news, and gifs... and videos...
    So... x(

12. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

A few questions, is the size of your ship determined by what parts are drawn?
    Is spawning these bits an unlimited thing? Or is there points or gold coins that you can earn by breaking ships involved to build your ship out.
    These are questions that must be answered D;

13. geti can i be tester for thsi???

14. vik

vik THD Team THD Team Tester

naw geti, chooze me for test

15. Kingdom

Kingdom Haxor

geti can i give you some ideas? :D

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  16. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

Getu plzplzplz let me b testur

17. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

guti plz absolutly do not pick me to be testur

18. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Look at what you have done Ej. You have started something far worse than anything I've seen in years...!
    Are you proud...!? ARE YOU FUCKIN PROUD!?

19. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

No new testers. Sincere apologies.

There'll be a new post about this tomorrow; MM will hopefully sort out most of the net issues and either way there's a bunch more content to get screenshots of.

1) yes? the parts are just attached to each other, and can be smashed apart too.
    2) nope, unlimited at the moment. There's a time cost to building, as you move quite slowly and have to place a block before you can get another one, and it cant be overlapping other things - has worked out more that well enough in SP testing, though I bet someone will mod our mod to introduce costs and slowness and more guns and roleplay. So far if anything it feels kinda slow building anyway due to the tetris element - any slower and I'd be bored.

NinjaCell, Noburu, 101i and 2 others like this.
  20. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

1) But... does the size of the ship actually depend on your draw of the tetris...? Cause I feel like you cant block a motor with a tetris piece...
    2) Ah makes sense. Wait.. why do you need to move slow when placing these things around your core? From what I can tell from the gifs, kinda seems like you're moving pretty fast... :o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.