1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Excuse me :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SpitfireXero, Aug 3, 2011.

1. SpitfireXero

SpitfireXero KAG Guard Tester

Excuse me if this thread is out of place and if it's a clone of about fifty others, but I'm tired of getting kicked for "griefing" before anybody even asks what's going on. This morning I was kicked for "tunneling into our mountain, griefing". If the person who casted the vote even bothered to ask and gave me a minute to finish working they would've realized I was just making a vault for the gold bullion I was moving. But instead, every other player on the server (who also are unaware of what's going on) votes yes. KAG is a great game, but its players are all too quick to jump the gun. Whether it's because of experiences with other bad eggs I don't know, but please, could people please look into a situation a little more before coming to conclusions?

(It's not like tunneling into the mountain would have done any harm either, considering the inside formed into a shell of bedrock that the enemy team couldn't get past without constantly bombing it.)

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Quite often this is because you're getting griefed by someone, not someone misidentifying what you're doing.

3. SpitfireXero

SpitfireXero KAG Guard Tester

Well that's okay, there are other servers to play on so moving on is easy :)

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I like your attitude :)

5. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

its his first time happening this, but when only 1 server is on, and it keeps hapen for several houres, then u can forgeeet his attitude xD

6. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

One solution would be to not kick the person until the actual timer is up so the person getting kicked has some time to explain what he's doing, and also let the voters change their decision in that timespan.

7. Thorn

Thorn Guest

That would be ideal in a perfect world, wouldn't it?

The reason that people spam F12 is because they know that hesitating for even a single minute against a genuine griefer can mean the entire destruction of their defenses.

8. CrazyMLC

CrazyMLC Guest

How about making it so that players being voted upon can't move, build, attack, or destroy blocks until the vote is over. then you wouldn't have to worry about griefers destroying defenses while you deliberate.

Of course, that makes it an even better tool for griefers to fake-vote, so we might need multiple solutions, or a different one altogether.